In the world of banking, which operates on trust Bombay Mercantile Co-operative Bank Ltd., as an institution since it’s inception in 1939 has created a niche in terms of credibility with the trust of over one million patrons and over 2,23,237 share holders.
- to ensure effective legal risk management of BMC Bank, with special emphasis on loan documentation for project finance and debt capital market transactions, due diligence and resolution of distressed accounts.
- responsible for providing assistance / guidance in performing all legal requirements of the organization with special focus on documentation for project finance and debt capital market transactions due diligence and resolution of distressed accounts. His functions shall also include, coordination with counsels for litigation, drafting of legal agreements & assisting in legal / statutory audits. The major challenges in this role are keeping abreast of the latest legal/statutory amendments, knowledge about various legal documents & liaising with multiple regulators .Responsibilities :- To action various legal cases on behalf of the bank and represent it in legal matters- To maintain all records / files of cases filed by & against the company
- To prepare periodic MIS of outstanding litigations & coordinate for their follow-up & closure- To coordinate with advocates on record for updating legal status of cases filed by & against the company- To assist in formulating the claims & counter claims, arguments & evidences for the cases
- To keep a track of payment made to the advocates / law firms / counsels on record- To draft various arbitration, negotiation, settlement & contractual agreements for all operations- To draft other agreements like loan hypothecation agreements, DSA agreements, leave & license agreements, sale deed, conveyance deeds & any other legal documents
- Will be responsible for handling litigation and non – litigation matters of the bank.
- Drafting Commercial contracts and real estate agreements for all Businesses/Other requirements
- Should have hands on exposure in Industrial Law, Fiscal Law, Corporate Law, Banking Law, Competition Law, Commercial Law and FEMA etc
- Prospective Candidate will handle all Contracts & agreements, related to domestic & International Business. He will also responsible for all legal matter related to legal recovery, arbitration, SERFACI, insolvency, Loak Adalat, etc. , in addition to other commercial transactions like tender screening, Merger and Acquisition, joint venture, copyright etc. which are important from client underwriting perspctive
- Handling Legal, Trademark, Money Laundering, Intellectual Property, IPR & Regulatory Compliance & all litigation matters.
- He should be good in Drafting, vetting & reviewing Legal Documents, Lease Deeds, Licenses, Contracts, and MOUs, Notices, Representations to Govt. Authorities, Replies, Letters, Claim Petitions, Written Statements, Rejoinders, Memorandums of Understandings, Power of Attorneys, Affidavits and Applications etc.
- Liasioning with Advocates/Counsels for filing and defending civil, criminal, consumer forum, Legal Metrology cases.
- Liasioning with various Govt. departments i.e. , Legal, RBI, Courts, etc.
- Guide in the matter of CERSAI to business
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus on Legal
- 10 + years of experience in banking operations; 8+years in a leadership/management role required.
- Exceptional skill sin Contract Management, Regulatory compliance, litigation, corporate law, etc.
- Champions The Client: champions the need of the Internal Client and ensures that they deliver in the interest of the Internal Client
- Results Oriented: is self motivated and driven by the need to be successful, to seek improvement.
- Team working: shares best practice, knowledge and experience with team
- Coaching: Observes analyses and feeds back to team members in a way that enables them to jointly develop a performance improvement
- Personal Organisation: demonstrates high levels of personal organisation, always delivering on time. Plans effectively to deliver against goals
- Flexible: displays a flexible style in dealings with clients and the team
- Self Development: self analytical and takes accountability for own development
- Interpersonal skills: communicates clearly and seeks to build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
To apply for this Job : Click Here