Euro Exim Bank (EEB) holds a “Class A” international banking license from the Financial Services Regulatory Authority (FSRA) of St. Lucia, an associate member for the Caribbean Associations of Banks Inc (CAB) and a member of International Chamber of Commerce (ICC). Our head office is in St. Lucia and a representative office in London. More offices are scheduled to open in Singapore, Chennai and Dubai in 2021.
- Oversee, coordinate, manage and advise on all aspects of legal, regulatory, and compliance affairs of EEB to ensure the protection of EEB’s legal rights and enable its strategic business development in compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Provide strategic direction and set priorities regarding legal and compliance matters for the EEB Global infrastructure and business globally.
- In close collaboration with the Compliance Function, establish and operate effective, risk-based compliance programs for relevant Compliance areas to facilitate compliance with rules and regulations, and prevent and detect illegal, unethical, or improper conduct. Advocate EEB positions to regulators.
- Establish and maintain organizational structure, scope, and processes of the Legal and Compliance functions in line with regulatory requirements
- Advise on legal and regulatory aspects of product development/launch with the product team
- Draft, review, and negotiable a broad range of commercial contracts
- Advise on transactional matters including M&A and fund-raising
- Advise on client-facing contracts (Global Financial Services companies)
- Advise on IP-related matters including but not limited to (technology/software licensing contracts, IP including trademarks, data privacy, and others)
- Keep abreast of legal, compliance, and regulatory developments in relevant markets and business areas that EEB is operating in and ensure policies and frameworks are stay robust and relevant
- Engage with relevant industry stakeholders within the relevant ecosystem and regulatory and industry-wide projects/initiatives
- Assist in handling dispute-related matters (as and when required)
- Act as a thought leader and expert for EEB within the area of distinct expertise; assume leadership and actively contribute to EEB Group Legal function.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate / Postgraduate in Law with 15 – 25 years of Strong experience in Corporate Legal, preferably from Banking / NBFCs /Fintech
- Candidate with commonwealth qualified mid to senior lawyer with strong experiences gained with top tier local and/or international law firms with Corporate M&A Practices
- Good legal acumen with strong experience in drafting, reviewing, revising, negotiating and summarizing various contracts for the financial/Fintech sector
- Comprehensive practical experience & Management experience in leading a multi-jurisdictional team.
- Proven record of working and providing strategic support and advice to Management.
- Hands-on team player with strong people and stakeholder management skills. Also meticulous, detailed and results-oriented.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently and under pressure on complex legal and regulatory issues. High accountability for tasks and ability to drive transactions independently
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, growing and lean/team-based culture
- Has the legal experience gained in funds/investments OR capital markets OR Transaction Banking.
- Proactive and innovative
- Desired – LLB, LLM, Legal Head, Contract Management, Corporate Law, Regulatory Compliance, Legal Jobs in BFSI
- Excellent communication skills to handle investor/company communications well- Drive and initiative, strong commitment, ability to take ownership.
JOB LOCATION :
- The role will be based in Chennai, India
- The candidate will be directly reporting to the EEB Group Chairman and Executive Management at EEB.
To apply for this Job : Click Here