Amazon.com, Inc. is an American multinational technology company which focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence.
Amazon is seeking an experienced tax lawyer to focus on India tax audit and dispute resolution issues. This is a strategic position, and the candidate will join a team in Amazon’s tax group responsible for the management of audits across the world.
Responsibilities Of This Role Will Include
- Analyzing and advising on tax dispute resolution strategy and controversy risk mitigation.
- Reviewing information and document requests, and tax submissions to assess and mitigate controversy risk.
- Think long-term and ‘big picture’ in the management of tax controversy in India.
- Working closely with Amazon tax teams and advising them on a wide variety of direct, indirect, and international tax issues from a tax controversy perspective.
- As a key stakeholder in the overall management of India tax affairs, take ownership and have visibility on all India tax dispute issues. As the case may be, you will be required to lead and / or be a key contributing stakeholder in all aspects of controversy management, including devising the dispute resolution strategy, execution of the strategy, management of the audit, and appeal of findings to the various appellate forums (as applicable).
- Interacting with members of the business and other corporate services departments.
- Communicating and attending meetings with the Indian tax authorities as necessary.
- Preparing and conducting presentations on various tax issues to tax authorities as necessary.
- Active stakeholder management and communication with local, regional and global tax teams.
- 10+ years of experience working in a law firm, public accounting firm, or multi-national corporate tax department.
- 8+ years of India tax dispute resolution experience.
- LLB / LLM
- Practicing tax lawyer (or have previous experience), with particular focus on tax dispute resolution and litigation.
- Demonstrated experience leading tax tribunal and judicial appeals with respect to both direct and indirect taxes.
- Strong project management and stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent ability to be flexible and adaptable to constantly changing priorities and needs. This includes being able to work independently and as part of a bigger team, and being able to effectively provide high level strategic direction while also execute at the ground level.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of India income tax and indirect tax issues.
To apply for this job : Click Here