Ather Energy was started in 2013 by Tarun Mehta and Swapnil Jain, two engineering graduates straight out of college with the audacity to dream and challenge the well-established Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) and replacing it with an electric drive. We built India’s first smart and connected electric scooters, the Ather 450 product line because we believe that’s where the future of personal mobility is headed. Ather is one of the few start-ups in India, specifically within the automotive industry, to have products & services that are an amalgamation of clean design & engineering – Hardware & Software.
What will I be doing at Ather?
- Development, Implementation and tracking of IP Strategy of Organization.
- Invention Scouting: working with R&D teams to identify potential protectable inventions and designs and help them development of said inventions and designs.
- IP Creation & Registration: Working with inventors/stakeholders to register the patents, TM’s, Designs.
- IP Prosecution & Maintenance: Working with associate firms to develop strategy to response to office actions, hearings, perform IP maintenance activities.
- Analytics & Due Diligence: Carry out or assist in various analytics & due diligence projects like Freedom-to-operate, availability searches, landscapes, whitespace etc.
- Monitor the competition IP activity in EV space and update the stakeholders.
- Provide internal IP consultations and clearances.
- Manage support activities like budgeting, IP audits, due diligence.
- Work with other teams like Corporate Legal, Marketing, R&D to provide IP consultations and clearances.
- Manage overall IP clearance process & its dashboards, including open-source compliance, patent risk assessment etc.
- Provide consulting to internal stakeholders on these issues and reflect corresponding provisions in license agreements.
- To front-end & coordinate with internal stakeholders & law firms for patent, copyright, trademark or domain name disputes or litigations, conduct legal research and related internal investigation for handling legal notices pertaining to any IP dispute.
What kind of experience & skills do I need for this role?
- Post-qualification experience of more than four years in reputed corporations or IP law firm.
- Exposure to all forms of IP viz. Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights, Designs and Trade secrets.
- Thorough with relevant laws (Acts & Rules), hands on experience in drafting/filing/preparing responses to Patent/TM office actions.
- Ability to build relationships that foster a cohesive, committed team environment and to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, be articulate, forthright, collaborative and decisive team member and a strategic thinker with a broad perspective.
- Strong ability to adapt to changes and to be agile.
- Commitment to high moral standards and business ethics.
Some attributes that i need to bring to this role?
- Ethics, Integrity, confidentiality, and professionalism
- Positive, agile, optimistic, hands-on attitude
- Business acumen and attention to detail
- Proactive, pragmatic and solution-oriented approach
- Work prioritization, time, and people management
- Team-oriented, self-driven, collaborative, and interpersonal skills
- Mindset to thrive in a challenging start-up environment
To apply for this Job : Click Here