SFLC.IN is the first Indian legal services organization that works exclusively on technology, law, and policy. As of May 2020, it is the only Indian organization to be inducted as a member of the IFEX (International Freedom of Expression and Exchange), a global network to defend the right to freedom of expression and information. In its mission to empower Indian citizens of their digital freedom and rights, it has made numerous representations before the hon’ble Supreme Court of India and several High Courts, on Intermediary Liability, Mass-Surveillance, Software Patents, and Internet shutdowns.
Duties and Responsibilities
The position requires working closely with the Senior Counsel, Legal Director and other counsels on a variety of cases at the intersection of technology issues, intellectual property rights, and human rights. Other responsibilities include:
- Preparing court submissions and petitions, appearing for court hearings, filing appropriate applications at both district and High Court levels;
- Analyze laws and policies, publish articles/reports in the areas of technology law, human rights law, privacy, data protection, free speech, net neutrality and IPR laws to develop well-informed organizational viewpoints;
- Draft petitions, provide legal representation, observe litigation proceedings as required;
- Work in association with other law and policy makers i.e. conduct meetings, draft expert opinions, contribute to consultation processes, provide research support and more.
Job Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum two (2) years of litigation and policy experience which includes making submissions before district and high courts and working knowledge of civil procedure;
- Bachelor of Laws with a good standing before the Bar Council of India;
- Excellent legal drafting and analytical skills, identifying appropriate applications;
- Familiarity with issues at the intersection of law, technology, and policy, in particular the issues involving emerging technologies;
- Candidates with experience in litigation would be preferred. However, candidates with transactional experience are also encouraged to apply.
Jangpura Extension, New Delhi, India
To apply for this Job : Click Here