EY exists to build a better working world, helping create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
- As a Team Leader Contract Drafting, you will be developing and setting up solutions for related managed services for new work or new clients. Also serve as a trainer and subject matter expert to assist and build on the CLM team’s framework and best practices for training and playbooks.
- The Team Leader Contracting Attorney serves as a unique opportunity to scale up your contracting expertise and build, support and leverage a tested delivery model that enables globally integrated, cost-efficient teams to deliver high quality, sophisticated legal work to meet the needs of multinational corporations.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Leads one large complex or two small-to-medium complexity projects effectively, without intensive oversight
- Quality control the drafts reviewed by associates and sr. associates
- Negotiates with client’s counterparty (lawyers/business) to help attain the contract with no or minimal deviations from client’s positions
- Displays ability to lead projects in the absence of seniors
- Primary responsibility for applying standard audits; does not simply rely on pre-existing audit lists; suggests additional audits (e.g. based on client escalation responses or other feedback)
- Point person for the project team to spot/address/escalate all issues
- Expected to innovate and improve upon current processes and techniques
- Prepares reporting matrices as desired by the client
- Strong subject matter expertise
- Administrative responsibilities primarily centred on the employee appraisal process.
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Strong subject matter expertise
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong client- and external party-facing skills: main point of contact with external representatives in connection with projects. Able to effectively gauge client needs, even if not expressly stated
- Highly responsive to the needs of both internal (including reporting managers, other project managers and team members) as well as external clients
- Strong presentation and training skills; project-specific training is a core responsibility
- Strong project management skills, including a firm grasp of Pangea3 processes, metrics, and productivity-implications of project workflow
- General knowledge of processes and platforms that the clients use
- Demonstrates an ability to perform Managers’ role in Manager’s absence
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelors/Master’s degree and Law degree (LLB or LLM) from accredited, reputable institutions
- Attorney with 4-6 years of relevant contract review, redlining and negotiation experience (preferably in a multinational corporation, in-house legal team or law firm handling similar work)
- Strong subject matter expertise; deep knowledge of and experience with the review, redlining and negotiation of contracts especially technology related contracts on the procurement and sales side.
- Strong Contract negotiation expertise (both legal and business issues). Specific experience in training is attractive but not essential.
To apply for this Job : Click Here