Earnest John Group Of Companies is a holding company based out of Earnest House, Nariman Point, Mumbai. The group is pramarily in the real estate and infrastructure space.
Position: Law Officer
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Candidate should be a law Graduate (LLB) preferably living in Mumbai
- Practical experience of successfully handling litigation/non litigation matters.
- Practical knowledge of laws prevailing in India, inter- alia, Indian Penal Code, Police Procedures, Court Procedures.
- Being well versed in commercial laws will be an added advantages
- Having knowledge of maritime law is preferable.
- Experience of a minimum 5 years is necessary
- Good Communication skills, should be able to communicate and write English and Marathi language effectively.
- Candidate must be a law Graduate (LLB), be capable of drafting legal documents, papers and proceedings independently.
- Must have knowledge of property law inter- alia Rent Act and dealing in property matters.
- Preparation and drafting of agreements and various types of contracts.
- Co-ordination with other departments within the Group.
- Maintaining proper documentation related to legal matters.
- Conduct legal research by utilizing various resources and selecting the relevant material to analyse the legal information.
- Managing litigation/ Non Litigation matters and other legal issues.
- Drafting of Legal Notices, Affidavits, Declarations, Indemnity bond, Undertakings etc.
- Handling various litigation matters by and against the company across diverse judicial forums maintaining and procuring legal documents from court(s), government authorities and/or any other source.
- Making necessary filings on behalf of the company.
- Stamp duty adjudication and Registration of documents.
- Interacting with various legal firms and counsels on behalf of the company..
- Attending Court/ other proceedings and coordinating for filing of all representation and submissions thereto.
- Interpretation of laws and regulations applicable to the business and advising the functional teams on the same.
- Filing of Complaints, replies, rejoinders, affidavits, petitions, First Information Reports, Notices, representations.
To apply for this Job : Click Here