EY exists to build a better working world, helping create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Your Key Responsibilities
At an associate level would be required to assist the Immigration team in U.S. and Canada in preparing U.S. and Canadian immigration cases.
The preparation of cases would require the Attorney to:
- Learn immigration processing categories and legal requirements for each work visa and permanent resident visa category and apply legal knowledge as required in the case preparation process
- Use available resources to draft complex immigration petition packages (using the facts of each case to tell a story, while highlighting each of the legal requirements)
- Revise drafts
- Ensure that documents are saved and filed into the appropriate virtual workspaces/folders
- Leverage technology resources to ensure the immigration group is operating as efficiently and effectively as possible
- Liaise on a regular basis with support teams located throughout EY’s international network.
In addition to this, the Attorney would be required to work with team members and further the development of the team – be it timely reporting to seniors; understanding project metrics such as utilization and efficiency; and overall taking ownership of the work assigned to them.
Skills And Attributes For Success
To do the work we do, we require people with a specific skill set.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree in Law
- 0 – 3 years of prior experience
- Professional proficiency in English, with in-depth knowledge of the rules of the English language, standards of style, punctuation, and grammar. Also, excellent legal
research, writing and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail along with the ability to understand and follow specific, detailed instructions
- Ability to work under pressure with tight timelines and high volumes, while also being proactive and efficient
- A team-oriented approach and demonstrate excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication skills.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in U.S. or Canadian immigration related work
- Experience with substantive writing, editing, and proofreading a variety of documentation
- Outstanding administrative and communication skills, mature business sense, and ability to perform in a dynamic, time-sensitive environment
- Strong knowledge of and ability to apply office software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and PDF
To apply for this Job : Click Here