EY exists to build a better working world, helping create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
As a Regulatory Research & Monitoring attorney, at an associate level you will get the opportunity to work on a variety of compliance projects. The work will give you exposure to the regulatory landscape of various countries on multiple areas of law.
Your Key Responsibilities
At an Associate level your primary responsibilities require you to:
- Understand the underlying issues of a project.
- Follow step by step process of researching the issues and presenting the findings in the desired format.
- Understand legal writing and uses appropriate and pre-discussed formatting while presenting their findings.
- Interpret statutes and regulations correctly.
- Apply themselves to understanding case law.
- Be thorough and meticulous with great attention to details.
- Achieve on time delivery (OTD) on client deliverables
- Attend mandatory training and certification courses.
- Co-operate with team members and acts as a team player.
- Escalate project specific issues timely.
- Be organized and efficient – handle responsibility assigned to them quickly and accurately.
- Report back to their seniors on the status of assignments.
- Be consistently present and actively participate at team, department, and company meetings and participates in voluntary professional development programs.
Skills And Attributes For Success
To do the work we do, we require people with a specific skill set.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Degree in Law
- Professional proficiency in English, with in-depth knowledge of the rules of the English language, standards of style, punctuation, and grammar.
- Excellent legal research, writing and organizational skills
- Ability to identify statutes and regulations applicable to the given legal issue
- Ability to interpret and summarize statutes and regulations
- Excellent analytical and logical skills, along with attention to details
- Ability to understand instructions regarding legal research and follow the established methodology
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Working knowledge of legal databases
- Basic knowledge of MS Excel and Word
- Passion for work, desire to learn and an innovative approach towards work
- Effective communication results/findings of work in all mediums (verbal and written)
- Be effective on the floor in terms of sharing learning/insights with peers/seniors.
- Adaptiveness to team and fosters collaborative approach
- Diligence and ability to multi-task
To apply for this Job : Click Here