Target is one of the world’s most recognized brands and one of America’s leading retailers. We make Target our guests’ preferred shopping destination by offering outstanding value, inspiration, innovation and an exceptional guest experience that no other retailer can deliver. Target is committed to responsible corporate citizenship, ethical business practices, environmental stewardship and generous community support. Since 1946, we have given 5 percent of our profits back to our communities. Our goal is to work as one team to fulfill our unique brand promise to our guests, wherever and whenever they choose to shop.
- Drive good governance practices and compliance of Corporate Governance norms as prescribed under various Companies Act, Securities and Other Business Laws and regulations and guidelines
- Acts as the custodian of corporate records, statutory books and registers
- Ensure filing of annual / quarterly returns and forms as required by the Company Law
- Responsible for all ROC work and regulatory compliance, maintaining statutory registers , minutes of the meeting of Board, members, committee etc. including filing of forms
- Keeping up to date with any regulatory or statutory changes and policies that has to be applied in the organization
- Assists in developing a corporate and social sustainability framework
- Coordinate the board/general meetings and follow-up actions thereof
- Signing of Annual Return where necessary and responsible for other declarations, attestations and certifications under the Companies Act, 2013
- Identify and evaluate for implementation at Target India, industry best practices in areas of contract drafting, compliance and document retention;
- Develop client training tools in relevant areas of law;
- Provide assistance in any other function/role of the Target India Law team as required or as requested by the manager. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Law and Company Secretarial degree from a tier one law school in India;
- 7+ years of experience working in a law firm or in-house with a focus on contracting ( Commercial, sourcing, property documentation, etc);
- Has experience in managing Boards, its Committees and managing CSR program and its compliances
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to build trust with business partners and deal with disagreements in a constructive and successful manner;
- Ability to react positively to change, ambiguity and uncertainty;
- Ability to organize, coordinate and manage resources and time to achieve key goals and objectives.
To apply for this Job : Click Here