IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused exclusively on the private sector in developing countries. We utilize and leverage our products and services—as well as products and services of other institutions in the World Bank Group—to provide development solutions customized to meet clients’ needs. We apply our financial resources, technical expertise, global experience, and innovative thinking to help our partners overcome financial, operational, and political challenges.
Duties and Accountability:
- Prepare supporting documentation for internal and external matters, e.g. powers of attorney, proxies, signature designations, counsel retainer faxes and Article III notices (notifying governments of an IFC investment);
- Assist IFC in-house counsel in preparing and reviewing legal documentation; prepare routine amendments, consents and waivers;
- Liaise with IFC external counsel, where required;
- Attend to the signing of transaction documents and completion of conditions to disbursement;
- Attend to the filing of transaction documents in accordance with IFC guidelines and practices;
- Perform other routine portfolio administration of IFC’s debt and equity investments;
- Handle and review transaction documents for IFC’s upstream and advisory program under appropriate supervision by IFC in-house counsel and follow up on the completion of any such agreements with IFC staff;
- Assist IFC in-house counsel with general tasks relating to advisory matters;
- Identify and analyze legal and policy issues associated with investment or advisory projects;
- Contribute to and support CLED’s Knowledge Management objectives.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent analytical and research skills.
- Ability to work effectively alongside IFC in-house counsel by performing multiple, concurrent and progressively more difficult assignments, including handling certain tasks independently.
- Ability to handle a diverse range of issues within tight deadlines and coordinate effectively with internal teams and external lawyers, as needed.
- Ability to prioritize and manage tasks effectively.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work as a team member in a multi-cultural environment.
- Word processing experience and proficient computer skills, particularly in using information databases, internet/intranet services and library sources.
- An undergraduate (college) degree, preferably in law and some combination of professional experience of 2-3 years as an associate with a law firm, training offered by a professional institution or law firm and /or 5 years + of relevant experience in assisting lawyers with the preparation and handling of legal documentation in a para-legal or similar capacity.
To apply for this Job : Click Here