AngelList is the world’s largest startup platform to fundraise, recruit and launch. Now in India.
About the role:
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced legal professional to help drive funds’ legal and compliance operations.
This Associate role is intense and requires being hands on in making sure all legal and compliance functions are executed at the highest level. You will manage investments and legal matters relating to our funds’ portfolio companies, develop scalable and effective processes, policies and procedures to enable the legal team and AngelList India to run more efficiently and effectively and will come away with a deep and practical understanding of venture finance.
AngelList India works with global companies and investors so this role will require you to piece together all the moving parts and gain practical experience of how investments can be managed at scale with the use of tech at its core.
While the majority of AngelList India team is based in New Delhi, this role is intended to be remote for the initial months before work from office can resume normally.
- Help coordinate the portfolio company paperwork management for financings, exits, and general corporate actions.
- Review the investment related documents such as Term Sheet; Share Subscription Agreement; Shareholders Agreement; Compulsorily Convertible Debenture Subscription Agreement; Convertible Note Agreement; SEBI Application, SAFE, Investor Rights Agreement in case of overseas investments; Employment Agreements for Founder(s); MOA and AOA; and Share Purchase Agreements.
- Liaise with syndicate leads, founders/their legal team for finalising the agreements/ other documentation, resolving investment related queries, etc.
- Provide legal subject matter expertise and support on investment/ transaction matters including high level assistance in case of investment re-structuring, flips, etc.
- Undertake regulatory filings for each investment
- Develop processes to help us scale our legal operations to support deal execution and portfolio management.
- Bachelor degree in Commerce, Law or similar.
- A minimum of 2 years transactional legal experience with focus on PE/VC funds or Indian start-ups at a top tier law firm or equivalent.
- Detailed understanding of VC legal structures – both on the fund and the portfolio side.
- Strong expertise in SEBI (AIF) Regulations, FEMA laws, Corporate law, Stamp Duty Act and Income-tax Act.
- Practical knowledge of securities and regulatory compliance, contractual and commercial transactions.
- Ability to communicate legal and compliance subject matters clearly to non-experts and strong stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, innovative, rapidly changing start-up business environment and getting up to speed in new areas of law comfortably, quickly and effectively.
- Demonstrated performance excellence and ability to manage transactions independently.
To apply for this Job : Click Here