At Goldman Sachs, we believe progress is everyone’s business. That’s why we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, Goldman Sachs is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The attorney will be part of a global team and will be responsible for advising Goldman Sachs’ businesses on a wide range of multi-jurisdictional, core and critical service and vendor arrangements; this includes drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts subject to laws of various jurisdictions, often working from a range of template forms. The role may involve working with foreign counsel in relation to contracts subject to foreign laws.
The role will involve the provision of general advice and counsel on financial services related technology, services and intellectual property-related transactions; software, data and content licensing; outsourcing and procurement transactions across different firm divisions; and hosting and software services agreements.
- Qualified lawyer (LL.B. degree)
- Minimum 4-6 years’ attorney work experience, preferably a mix of law firm and in-house experience within financial services
- Emphasis on experience in financial services related technology, services and intellectual property-related transactions; software, data and content licensing; outsourcing and procurement transactions (preferably on a multi-jurisdictional basis)
- Experience partnering with fast-paced internal clients, providing strategic advice on business development initiatives to close deals; strong organizational skills to prioritize and manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with the various jurisdictions including United States, United Kingdom, European Union and Asia ex Japan is helpful
- Maturity, flexibility, and sound judgment required
- High level of initiative, integrity and organization
- Adept at developing interpersonal relationships
- Excellent academic credentials
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written required, plus proven negotiation skills required
To apply for this Job : Click Here