Backed by marquee investors like Sequoia Capital and LightSpeed, CredAvenue is the only-of-its-kind debt platform globally, looking to revolutionise the segment. The milestone of achieving India’s largest Series A funding worth USD 90 Million is a testament that our company and its partners sincerely believe that #NextIsDebt.
About the team and role
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating transactional documents covering loans, debenture subscriptions/ issuances, structured finance and other transactions.
- Review and rendering of advice on transaction structures from a regulatory perspective.
- Drafting of various processes and standardization of templates.
- Co-ordinating with external counsels for advisory and related matters.
- Assist in due diligence processes.
- Managing overall corporate legal activities of the company.
- Contribute towards knowledge management and building of the team from a legal and regulatory perspective.
- Actively co-ordinate with internal teams to ensure smooth transaction closure and implementation of processes where relevant.
- Preparation of high-quality initial documentation which requires minimal modifications.
- Undertaking of transactions independently with limited guidance/ overview.
- Assistance in execution of transactions.
- Research on applicable statutory and regulatory norms, precedents and market practices.
- Establishing and implement the legal vision along with the founding team.
- Manage a high-pressure work environment, responding to the needs of a fast-growing business on institutional finance, capital markets, asset management and retail finance.
- Always be on the cutting edge of legal developments and disseminate to the wider organisation important trends on aspects including but not limited to:
- Technology and impact on financial services
- Regulatory norms applicable to the organization
- Legal regime surrounding the services and products offered by the organization
- Foreign investment norms
- Structured finance
- Retail finance
- Consumer protection frameworks and applicability to VCPL
- Asset management
- Equity investments.
- Assist in development and implementation of scalable internal policies on:
- Risk management
- Recovery processes
- Evaluation of collateral
- Conflict of interest
- Consumer protection
- Other internal processes.
- Identify competitive advantages and legal / regulatory trends for the benefit of a company.
- Be responsible for real time resolution and to deliver key requirements confirming to specified timelines and client requirements.
- Ensure delivery of high quality work customised to meet specific client and business requirements, meeting the best market standards.
- Communicate effectively and unambiguously with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Build own negotiating capabilities.
- Work in a collaborative manner to benefit from the collective wisdom and deal experience of the market, while retaining own discretion.
- Assist in preparation of and ensure implementation of sound processes that realize hygiene around all activities including data management, confidentiality, drafting standards.
- Assist the team in developing well researched positions and practices and in rendering sound advice for undertaking transactions.
- Good technical knowledge of laws pertaining to the field of banking and finance.
- Excellent and in depth research skills.
- Possess a highly solution oriented and business focused approach and always play an enabling role for business.
- Have excellent drafting, and reviewing skills, be adept at problem solving, running large deals till closure and possess the ability to prepare high quality and well drafted documents.
- Ability to understand business requirements and how this would translate to requirements from the legal team.
- Have impeccable integrity, work ethics and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to present / articulate / position an idea compellingly.
- Be as ambitious as we are, and hence willing to travel, go out of her / his way to build at the highest quality, burn the midnight oil to meet goals and deadlines.
- Have demonstrated resilience – stayed with companies with minimal/ no switch in jobs.
- Willingness to learn quickly, including the commercial and structural aspects of products and effectively implement such learning.
- Reliability for timely and effective completion of work allocated.
To apply for this Job : Click Here