Founded in 2015, upGrad is India’s largest online higher education company providing programs in Data Science, Technology, Management and Law, to students, working professionals and enterprises. Every program is designed and delivered in collaboration with top universities like the IIT Madras, MICA, NMIMS Global Access, Jindal Global Law School, Duke CE, Deakin University, Liverpool John Moores University and others.
Roles & Responsibilities
The incumbent will carry out a range of functions and tasks in support of the legal team. Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Assist businesses with compliance and risk management related matters and where necessary, coordinate with various departments and ensuring the compliance, conducting legal audit and due diligence
- Draft and revise company policies (internal and consumer facing).
- Drafting of legal notices, representations and replies against notice issued by statutory authorities, issuing legal advice and assistance in connection thereto.
- Handling of labour issues and ensuring support to HR in implementing internal policies of the company.
- Co-ordination with Advocates and Counsels in connection with company litigation including but not limited to consumer litigation. Preparation and review of all pleadings related to such litigations.
- Anticipate legal support needs of the business and help define and drive the strategic plans of the Business.
- Building IP portfolio for the company by filing new trademark applications, filing oppositions against infringing mark, issuing takedown/cease & desist notices etc.
What We Are Looking At
- Minimum LLB /LLM from a reputed College/University
- 4-6 Years of Post -Qualification Experience
- Strong communication skills in English (both written and oral).
- Sound Knowledge of Computers-MS word and Excel
- Well-versed in offering general legal and commercial advice.
- Preferred from Tier1/Tier2 Law firms / Education/Internet/E-Commerce/Media/FMCG Or Any Service Industry
- Organization and prioritization skills, Effective time management, detail, and accuracy
To apply for this Job : Click Here