Apex Group Ltd., established in Bermuda in 2003, is a global financial services provider. With 85 offices in 42 countries worldwide and 10,000 employees upon the close of announced acquisitions, Apex delivers an extensive range of services to asset managers, capital markets, private clients and family offices. The Group has continually improved and evolved its capabilities to offer a single-source solution through establishing the broadest range of services in the industry; including fund services, digital onboarding and bank accounts, depositary, custody and super ManCo services, business services including HR and Payroll and a pioneering ESG Ratings and Advisory service for private companies.
- Be a trusted adviser and support Apex’s legal function in India to provide legal advice & strategic support in relation to the diversified business of Apex Group including its internal policies and queries, for examples corporate laws, labour laws etc.
- Support the Head of Legal in India with primary focus in India. Extended support to other Asia Pacific countries including Australia, China, Hong Kong & Singapore may be required. General scope of work as expected from in-house counsel would fall within the coverage of this role.
- Support the Head of Legal in India and the Regional Head of Legal on various projects, including Apex’s M&A projects leading to the successful integration with the M&A targets.
- Handle and advise on contracting including drafting, reviewing, and negotiating diversified contracts with clients and internal stakeholders. Design, develop and maintain contract templates.
- Provide Company Secretariat support as appropriate.
- Handle litigations, arbitrations and regulatory investigations as well as working with enforcement agents as appropriate and manage external counsel.
- Keep abreast of the legal and regulatory changes and advise the Indian and Asia Pacific practice of Apex Group as appropriate.
- Other tasks as assigned from time to time.
- Qualified lawyer (India or common law jurisdictions) with at least 5 years post-qualification experience with success and stable track record. Lesser experience will be considered for the role of Assistant Legal Counsel. Inhouse legal experience and qualified Company Secretary will be an added advantage.
- Strong people management skill, excellent problem-solving and analytical capability, being able to work independently and working as a team player.
- Solid experience and proven track record relevant to Apex’s business (http://www.apexgroup.com.).
- An ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills.
- Strong PC skills including Word, Excel and Access.
- Excellent English proficiency.
To apply for this Job : Click Here