AstraZeneca is a global, science-led biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines.
Handling legal issues as directed by Head-Legal such as :
- Drafting, Review, Negotiation and Finalization of business and commercial agreements/contracts/documents
- Managing and providing legal advice on IP litigations filed by or against the Company
- Managing and providing legal advice in connection with non-IP litigation/disputes (product liability, HR, Trade Association, parallel trade, counterfeiting, commercial matters) initiated by or against AZ; and (ii) any significant internal investigations and all external investigations, including “dawn-raids” (e.g. Competition, Regulatory, Privacy or Tax Authorities) as well as assisting the business in developing / implementing appropriate SOPs to effectively manage such investigations.
- Working with external counsel on specific assigned cases for which jobholder has full responsibility, stringent management of external counsel’s fees on such matters.
- Continuous Training to internal Stakeholders on relevant legal and compliance matters
- In-depth familiarity with legislations and regulations applicable to a pharmaceutical company especially in areas of Corporate, Commercial, competition and Intellectual Property law
- Assist in the ongoing litigation involving the company and pro-actively manage external counsel in this connection
- Independently draft, vet or review agreements particularly in areas of Commercial and Operations
- Adequate knowledge to ensure a system of effective document management for the legal department.
- Liaise with external counsel as needed for legal matters pertaining to the company, demonstrating good matter management and careful cost control
- Proactively analyse case law developments and changes in legal regulations and highlight their impact on the Company
- Play an active role in day to day activities of the legal function, including development and implementation of local legal systems, processes and trainings.
- Assist the Head – Legal in other legal matters and such other assignments and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
To apply for this Job : Click Here