Started in January 1985 by Dr. Ivan R. Misner, Founder & Chairman of BNI. The philosophy of this organization is built upon the idea of “Givers Gain”: By giving business to others, you will get business in return.
The Legal Counsel will:
- Align with the strategic vision for the legal team and implement and execute proactive legal policies to help ensure the organization is protected.
- Support the overall legal team and senior leadership team with day-to-day legal perspective and guidance, as well as risk assessment and mitigation.
- Serve as legal advisor and active participant in establishing partnerships and facilitating merger and acquisition transactions, including due diligence, negotiation and preparation of term sheets and definitive agreements, and assistance with financing documentation and closing process.
- Assist with a variety of corporate matters including organizational documents, organization structure, and management of corporate entities.
- Assist with management of intellectual property portfolio—especially trademarks and copyrights.
- Work closely with the legal team on risk assessment and on compliance-related processes and procedures to support the organization’s ever-present focus on high franchise compliance standards.
- Assist with support of outside counsel on litigation/arbitration and specialized issues as required.
- Assist in research from legal resources such as articles, codes, statutes, and judicial decisions relevant to the organization.
- Provide day-to-day legal counsel to clients on general corporate and compliance matters.
- Draft, negotiate, and revise contracts addendums, franchise agreements, various kinds of releases, renewals, assignments, extensions amendments thereto and more.
- Translating complicated legal jargon in the agreements into a language that everyone in the team can understand for operational implementation.
- Make recommendations and support the operations team on legal documentation to reflect business terms taking into consideration risk mitigation.
- Supporting the internal accounting team with various intercompany service agreement, license agreements and drafting various legal documents to reflect inward and outward financial transaction as per audit requirements.
- Provide ongoing legal guidance and project management support throughout the contract lifecycle.
- Provide legal support for company insurance program, including advising on policy interpretations and risk transfer guidance.
- Review, draft, and provide general legal counsel on corporate policies.
- Collaborate with legal team and clients to identify and implement process improvements.
- Any other duties assigned by the Lead Counsel or their designee.
- Bachelor’s degree in law with 3.0 GPA or higher.
- 5+ years of experience working with senior business management in connection with a broad range of legal matters including franchise law, compliance, contracts, intellectual property, marketing, data privacy, M&A, and other transactional activities. Must have bar credentials in at least one state. Prior in-house experience preferred but not required. Prior franchise experience preferred but not required.
- Experience in reviewing and negotiating international contracts, consulting and service agreements, license and SaaS agreement with focus on compliance and risk mitigation.
- Outstanding negotiating, communication, drafting, and writing skills.
- Possess a high degree of intellect, business savvy, integrity, candor, diligence, and self-motivation.
- Previous experience operating effectively in a quick paced and dynamic environment.
- Comfortable with change, and ability to readjust quickly as needs and priorities change.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities and a significant workload of diverse matters in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Quick and eager learner. Demonstrated ability to gain knowledge of the business and become an integral business thought partner.
- Team player with a strong orientation toward collaborative, results-oriented environment.
- Ability to see and proactively move toward the bigger picture while not sacrificing attention to detail.
- Willing to go the extra mile to get the job done and done properly.
- Always keeping up the customer service element in interactions with franchisees.
To apply for this Job : Click Here