Corteva Agriscience™, brings you the world’s most recognized and premium agricultural solutions, featuring Pioneer® and Brevant™ Seeds, award-winning Crop Protection products, Encirca® and Granular® software tools and services. We provide agronomic support and services to help increase farmer productivity and profitability. We strive to develop sustainable and efficient global food systems that benefit everyone. Our goal is to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come.
Location: Preference Hyderabad. Open to other locations upon discussion
Reporting to: Lead Counsel/South Asia
As the Legal Counsel, you will be required to support Legal and Secretarial functions in the South Asia region. You will have complete understanding of local laws. You need to be a team player. Your role will include the following work areas:
- Provide analysis and counseling on legal, policy and compliance issues as needed in the daily operation of the business units in South Asia including India, Pakistan and Bangladesh, such as advising on new product launch, brand protection, intellectual property protection, alliances and collaborations, product distribution, marketing, outsourcing arrangements, , to ensure business goals are met in a way that complies with applicable laws and regulations.
- Support litigation in South Asia region. Represent the company before various authorities and regulators across India, especially before civil and criminal courts, dealing with various civil, criminal and IP matters. Domestic travel is expected for at least 10%-15% of your time to represent the company before various authorities and courts.
- Advise business units and functions on a broad range of business transactions to manage and mitigate potential legal risk, including: draft, review and analyze various contracts, build and/or improve agreement management process and/or templates for contract, develop and/or improve policies/guidelines/processes to meet local business needs and at the same time, comply with global practice.
- Oversee the entire corporate secretarial work for all the legal entities including in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. Also, organize and conduct board meetings and shareholder meetings as needed, prepare and draft board meeting minutes and resolutions, maintain registers, work with local business team and outside counsel to file returns and ensure compliances under the corporate laws including company law and foreign exchange laws. Act as a designated company secretary of legal entity. .
- Contribute as a member of cross functional teams in supporting business goals/initiatives.
- Proactively and on a continuous basis gain knowledge and provide guidance on new legislations impacting current and future business strategies and plans.
- Managing and liaison with external counsel which includes onboarding the law-firms, managing their online “Onit” invoicing and related administration of legal vendors.
- Provide periodic reports on litigation, corporate secretarial and other legal work areas.
- LL.B. (Law degree) from top tier university in India; CS is preferable
- 8- 10 years of post-qualification relevant legal experience obtained in large growth oriented multi-national company and/or top tier law firm (experience with a United States parent company is an advantage, but not essential);
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Must have independently worked on Corporate Secretarial matters.
- Must have independently handled civil and criminal matters involving variety of issues in a large organization or a law-firm.
- Experience with legal research, legal writing, investigation techniques, and HR law is preferred.
- A sound commercial and business orientation are essential.
To apply for this Job : Click Here