Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science — bringing creative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Every day, our more than 130,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
At Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, we are using our breadth, scale and experience to reimagine the way healthcare is delivered and help people live longer, healthier lives.
In a radically changing environment, we are making connections across science and technology to combine our own expertise in surgery, orthopedics, vision and interventional solutions with the big ideas of others to design and deliver physician and patient-centric products and solutions.
As pioneers in medical devices, we continually focus on elevating the standard of care—working to expand patient access, improve outcomes, reduce health system costs and drive value. We create smart, people-centered healthcare to help the patients we serve recover faster and live longer and more vibrantly.
– The Johnson & Johnson Law Department is recruiting for a Legal Counsel in the Medical Devices Legal Team in Mumbai, India. This role will report to the Legal Director – Medical Devices in India.
– Provide legal support for the day-to-day operations of the business as a strong business partner, partnering across functions and interacting effectively with all levels within the organization
– Provide legal advice on a wide range of proposed business initiatives and materials, in the areas of sales and marketing, regulatory affairs, health care compliance, procurement and competition.
– Prepare and negotiate commercial agreements across functional areas, including distributor & agency agreements, non-disclosure agreements, equipment sale and leasing, corporate overlay agreements with hospital customers relating to the supply of products and solutions.
– Identify legal issues and risks in the daily business operations and provide solutions to business with consultation of the Legal Director, where necessary
– Review and advise on commercial transactions and initiatives, including new product launch, promotion activities, rebate schemes, etc.
– Draft, review and negotiate various commercial contracts and legal documents of designated businesses and functions, including but not limited to different types of contracts with HCP’s, distributors and vendors, official documents to external stakeholders (e.g. documents to Tender authorities and government agencies)
– Work closely with the Compliance Dept. to ensure compliance with applicable policies, codes and laws
– Support the Legal Director on mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, licensing, reorganizations and business model changes
– Provide legal support to litigation and dispute management, including but not limited to legal consultation, coordination between external counsels and internal stakeholders, facilitate internal approval procedure, and collection of evidence. Managing outside counsel in these cases is a given
– Support the Legal Director on various projects of the Law Department and the business
– Provide support on corporate governance matters, including but not limited to handling company filing / registrations with relevant authorities, if required
– Provide legal training and education to the business & commercial teams as appropriate
Desired Skills and Experience:
– Bachelors or Masters of Law degree from a reputed university in India/abroad
Experience and Skills:
– A minimum of 8-10 years Post-Qualified Experience either as an In-house Counsel or in a reputed law firm. Experience in the healthcare sector considered an asset
– Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a matrix organization
– Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and solution-oriented approach
– Ability to deal with ambiguity and to manage conflicts in a constructive manner
– Objective thinker who can advance ideas and influence others
– High ethics and strong sense of integrity, with the ability to establish trust-based relationships with internal and external stakeholders
– This position includes limited travel within India and overseas
Are you ready to impact the world?
Johnson & Johnson offers an unusual experience to professionals looking for an opportunity to work with hardworking people who share your real passion for caring in an environment that empowers you to drive your own career.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.