For over 200 years, JPMorgan Chase & Co has provided innovative financial solutions for consumers, small businesses, corporations, governments and institutions around the world. Today, we’re a leading global financial services firm with operations servicing clients in more than 100 countries. Whether we are serving customers, helping small businesses, or putting our skills to work with partners, we strive to identify issues and propose solutions that will propel the future and strengthen both our clients and our communities. © 2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
Individual will be responsible for liaising with the Structured Investments Distributor Marketing (SIDM) business on their securitised transactions, including reviewing and drafting of disclosure and transaction legal documents and ensuring that they are finalised in a timely manner. Position involves managing a steady stream of transactional flow – we are looking for someone who is very organised and good with time management.
Job Role and Responsibilities
- Trade flow: liaising with SIDM Sales in reviewing term sheets and providing the business with legal approval to trade, drafting of legal documents or in some cases, engaging external counsel to assist with drafting of legal documents.
- Automated platform trade flow: reviewing legal documents and working with other lawyers in the team and SIDM stakeholders to roll-out new templates and payoffs. Growing the automated platform business is one of the SIDM business’ key priorities.
- Trade amendments and restructures: liaising with SIDM Sales and Middle Office teams to remediate trade/economic terms in legal documents and occasionally helping clients with trade restructurings.
- Projects: participating in working groups/project team working alongside other lawyers in the team on business and legal (departmental) projects. Projects may include updating of existing and creating new legal templates to meet business needs or comply with regulatory change, due diligence, research, capturing and presenting data in spreadsheets and providing project management support.
- Advisory: supporting other lawyers in the team in carrying out research and drafting responses to the business or legal department on a variety of topics ranging from securities law and derivatives, contracts, licensing, cross-border and regulatory.
- Issuance platforms: supporting senior lawyers in the team on maintaining various issuance platforms, drafting supplements and assisting with regulatory filings.
- Licensing Qualifications: JD or educational equivalent required. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
- Qualified in India or other common law jurisdiction with at least 3 years post- qualification corporate/commercial legal experience either as in-house counsel or as a lawyer in a top tier corporate law firm.
- Experience with structured products and derivatives documentation
- Team player, confident and proactive, enjoys regular interaction with legal colleagues and other corporate functions
- Exceptionally organised and has great communication skills
- Fluent in commercial contract drafting and legal analytical skills
- Interested in transactional and project work
- Ability to work in a multi-jurisdiction environment, experience in remote working/ off shore working would be a plus but it is not a pre-requisite
- Conflicts of Interest: All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
To apply for this Job : Click Here