Lear, a global automotive technology leader in Seating and E-Systems, enables superior in-vehicle experiences for consumers around the world. Our diverse team of talented employees in 39 countries is driven by a commitment to innovation, operational excellence, and sustainability. Lear is Making every drive better™ by providing the technology for safer, smarter, and more comfortable journeys. Further information is available at lear.com
Job Title: Counsel, India
Function: Law Department
Report to: Vice President,
Pay Band: 5
Location: Pune, India
Business Partner: Vice President & Managing Director – India
- Strong commercial/compliance experience.
- Handling corporate governance matters and company secretarial work.
- Drafting and reviewing a host of agreements for day-to-day operation, including purchase agreements, sales agreements, service agreement, general terms and conditions, lease agreements, technology licensing agreements and etc.
- Advising the business and functional leaders on various matters, and managing disputes/ litigations and addressing any government enquires together with outside counsels.
- Advising on employment-related issues such as termination, severance, mutual separation, outsourcing arrangements, employment templates.
- Coordinating and working with Asia legal and other functional teams to ensure that all material legal and compliance related issues are approved by in accordance with policies and guidelines.
- Working with APAC compliance leader to drive compliance trainings and initiatives in India.
- Participating in negotiation and advice and being involved in preparation of documentation for strategic projects like Joint Venture or M&A (if any).
- Developing and having training programs on global and local policies, contractual review, intellectual property, new laws and regulations where necessary.
- Managing outside counsel and law firm relationship including engagement, billing, and communications.
- Establishing a strong business partnership based on trust.
- Law Degree from recognized university in India.
- Admitted as qualified lawyer in India.
- 8 years+ PQE in medium or large private practice (law firm) or MNC (in-house), preferably both.
- Proficiency in English and Hindi.
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team.
- Strong professional ethics.
To apply for this Job : Click Here