Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is a financial services company and digital platform that provides responsible consumer credit to hardworking people. Using A.I.-driven models that are built on years of proprietary customer insights and billions of unique data points, we have extended millions of loans and billions in affordable credit, providing our customers with alternatives to payday and auto title loans. In recognition of our responsibly designed products which help consumers build their credit history, we have been certified as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) since 2009.
Role and Responsibilities
- Organize and administer meetings and activities of the Board of Directors to ensure that such activities are in compliance with the applicable statutory guidelines and laws, including on-time notifications, agenda preparation, preparing resolutions, preparing the minutes of the meetings, etc.
- Organize and administer the Annual General Meeting and related compliance filings, ensuring that the company holds the AGM and submits related compliances within the time limits specified.
- Draft, review, and negotiate inbound commercial agreements and advise internal business clients on matters related to commercial/contract law with regards to the negotiation and interpretation of these agreements.
- Maintain corporate registrations, prepare, archive, and track all required statutory filings to ensure that all are made in a timely manner and company records are appropriately maintained.
- Review changes to Indian law and regulations and advise Global Legal.
- Engage and coordinate with outside counsel as well as the Global Legal Department
- Effectively use and support the use of department software and technology.
- Support other legal activities and projects on an as-needed basis.
- Other duties, projects, and initiatives as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in law or LLB degree from a recognized university in India.
- Qualified Company Secretary (ICSI Member).
- At least 4 years of post-qualification experience in a reputable firm, or in-house experience with the legal department preferably in a multi-national company.
- Extensive knowledge of compliances relating to Companies Act and Secretarial Standards.
- Experience drafting and negotiating commercial agreements, in particular service agreements and technology or SAAS licensing arrangements.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to exercise sound business judgment.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and efficient with solid project management and follow-through skills.
- Understands technology and its development and is comfortable using technology.
- Experience in any of the following areas is considered a plus: privacy, data security, labor/employment, intellectual property, and internal investigations.
To apply for this Job : Click Here