Pratilipi is the largest Indian language self-publishing platform with over 350,000 authors and more than 28,000,000 unique monthly readers. At Pratilipi, you can discover, read and share your favourite stories, poems and books in a language, device or format that you want. If you are a writer who writes in any of the Indian languages, you can publish your books, stories, poems or articles for free.
Qualified law graduate from India having approximately 4-6 years of work experience in corporate legal, commercial contracts and business advisory work. Exposure to media and entertainment law and matters will be a plus.
- Support the legal function in all aspects of a growing business where you get to work at the intersection of law, technology, media, entertainment, and exciting new areas the company has not yet ventured into.
- Scope to delve into all legal aspects of the company without restriction.
- You will report to the Head-Legal and Compliance.
- Open and transparent culture.
- High ownership and high trust culture – we encourage employees to take initiative on the next project to take up.
- Competitive salary.
- Company is in high growth phase – Series D round of $48 million raised.
A non-exhaustive list of areas of work:
- Drafting and reviewing various legal & commercial agreements in the media and entertainment field including license, assignment, publisher, co-production agreements.
- Advising the business on various new initiatives of the business from a legal perspective
- Assist the team on investment, merger, and acquisition activity, including advising on legal and compliance risks during due diligence, and drafting legal contracts for acquisitions and joint ventures.
- Co-ordinating with advisors, consultants, and internal teams for handling negotiations and closing transactions.
- Assist in providing general legal/risk mitigation advice to multi-functional teams on miscellaneous matters, such as government compliance, labour and employment compliance, IP, privacy, product compliance and regulatory issues.
- Lead and drive changes in contracts-related processes; where appropriate, developing templates and/or tools for a diverse range of agreements relevant to the company’s business.
- General compliance (corporate and other statutory compliances) and handling disputes (drafting and replying to legal notices etc.).
- Take the lead on setting up effective processes as the company scales.
- Be a trustworthy team member for business and operations to rely on as the company grows.
To apply for this job : Click Here