SaaS Labs is a customer-centric fast-growing 100% remote product company with 6,000+ customers in over 40+ countries. We were ranked among the top 10 fastest-growing technology companies in India and among the top 100 in APAC for the last two years by Deloitte. We’re highly profitable and well-funded by some of the well-known VCs from both India & the US.
About The Role
Job Title: Legal Counsel
Location: India – Remote
- 3-5 years of experience in a top legal firm or high growth startups As we continue to scale SaaS Labs, we are looking to hire an internal legal counsel. The role would be reporting to the CEO and involve working closely with internal teams on diversified legal matters involving customer contracts, M&A, fundraising, product compliance laws, information technology laws, data protection laws and intellectual property laws. As the first legal team member of the organization, you would be responsible for setting up legal processes and handle all legal aspects for the organization.
Responsibilities You’ll Shoulder
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements with external customers and partners, including customer agreements and partnership agreements and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights, while ensuring that, as the company scales, legal compliance doesn’t become a bottleneck
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties on legal aspects (regulators, external counsel, public authority, etc.), creating relations of trust
- Make sure our privacy and information security policies and procedures are watertight and monitor compliance to them continuously
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (M&A, fundraising, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance, labor law etc.)
- Actively participate in risk mitigation and identifying legal issues, providing analysis of legal risks and creating and implementing solutions structured to achieve business objectives
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Guide legal review and approvals for vendor contracts
- Ensure that business can function in a compliant way of course but also in a way for it to meet its commercial ambitions.
Skills You’ll Need
- Strong self starter : If there is a task you think critically, you weigh out the plans, you brainstorm, collaborate, and execute to perfection
- Entrepreneurial in spirit: Zeal to go and get things done
- Attention to detail: Ensure that our documents protect our interests in every scenario, while being fair to all parties and minimizing time spent negotiating
- Process-oriented: As we scale, legal aspects of doing business become even more critical for us but we can not let them be bottlenecks for our growth. You would need to set up scalable processes for all things legal.
- People’s person: have empathy (and loads of it), genuineness and willingness to go the extra mile
- Excellent legal and business judgment
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple engagements, smartly prioritize and meet timelines
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
Benefits You’ll Get
- Competitive salaries
- 100% fully remote opportunity – work from anywhere
- Medical insurance
- Work-from-home grants to make work comfortable and efficient
- Generous leave policy
- Regular offsites
To apply for this Job : Click Here