Standard Chartered a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East is looking to hire a Legal Counsel for ASEAN & South Asia-India-Bangalore.
– Support the Head, Legal, Group Commercial as a member of the Bank’s Group Commercial Legal Centre of Excellence in Kuala Lumpur, with specific focus on delivering legal advice and support to review, draft and negotiate Group technology and other commercial contracts with vendors and other third parties.
– Provide legal support, advice and training on new contracts, orders and statements of work and renewals with minimum supervision to Supply Chain Management and other stakeholders across the Group Functions and Business.
– Provide additional legal support to the Group’s Technology Legal team where required on strategic high-risk contract matters.
– Promote a culture and practice of good conduct of business and adherence to legal standards within the Group.
The Role Responsibilities
– Provide helpdesk support on contracts for the Bank’s Supply Chain Management team and country Legal teams.
– Reviewing, advising, drafting and negotiating multi-country technology and commercial contracts to ensure they meet Group Third Party Contract Standards and applicable law, including software, market data and subscription licenses, escrow agreements, hardware, equipment/device purchases and support/maintenance services and other general goods and services agreements, including intragroup arrangements.
– Analyse potential risks involved with specific contract teams.
– Keep up to date with relevant policies and procedures and applicable law.
– Provide relevant stakeholders with accurate and timely information and advice regarding the status of technology and commercial contract matters.
– Support the Head, Legal, Group Commercial in developing effective processes (including training, advice and support) to ensure that policies, procedures and standards for contracts are effectively implemented.
– Support development of guidance and templates on contracts and provide training on contract legal issues.
– Provide supervisory support to junior members of the Group Commercial Legal Team.
– Ensure close coordination with other Legal function teams. Where external counsel is appointed, liaise with external counsel and ensure the scope of work is defined and appropriate, oversee the quality of work and manage external legal costs and ensure appropriate overall matter management.
Our Ideal Candidate
– Must be a qualified lawyer in a common law jurisdiction (solicitor, attorney or barrister) with 7+ years’ post qualification experience and have:
– A good knowledge and understanding of technology and commercial contract requirements including intellectual property and data protection
– Experience in contract legal support (whether through in-house or private practice) and business acumen
– Experience in reviewing contracts using contract templates or using guidance/playbooks
– Ability to draft contract terms to meet requirements
– Ability to negotiate contract terms with third parties
– Understanding of risk management techniques
– Exemplary integrity, ethics, independence and resilience
– Ability to work with varying seniority levels of staff
To apply for this legal job: Click Here
About the Company:
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.