Taggd is a digital recruitment platform that provides Ready-to-Hire talent to India Inc. Combining the power of human knowledge and data, Taggd has successfully fulfilled talent mandates of more than 100+ clients and ensured hiring managers’ success for half a million jobs from over 14+ sectors. With a vision to fulfil 1 Million Jobs through our talent platform by 2025, we strive to connect people with people, people with companies, and people with opportunities. Just right. Every time.
Exp :- 2 – 5 years
Location :- Bangalore
NP – Immediate – 2 months
Qualification – LLB Graduate
Legal Counsel for US Disputes & Litigation
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Respond to dispute and pre-dispute demand letters
- Counsel business and stakeholders on legal dispute best-practices
- Analyze case files, contracts, documentary evidence, and carry out litigation strategy
- Conducting interviews, gather documents and electronic records
- Coordinate and schedule depositions, hearings, trials, conferences and meetings
- Summarize calls, set action items, follow through to closure
- Verify information, locate evidence and exhibits
- Manage budgets, billing and invoices
- Negotiate rates and contracts for legal services vendors
- Maintain a case management database
- Obtain copies of company and court documents
- Assist in all facets of litigation, including pre-disputes, fact investigation, drafting legal responses, responding to subpoenas and other discovery requests, preparing witnesses for testimony, and negotiating and drafting settlements
- Perform legal work in-house whenever possible
- Interact with outside counsel, including, budgets and invoices, compliance with outside counsel guidelines, and work product
- Draft succinct, practical legal advice
- Identify, review, analyze, manage and resolve pre-disputes
- Implement, and enforce company policies on eDiscovery
Experience and skill set required:
- The ideal candidate will be a law graduate with 3-4 years’ experience
- At least one year Disputes experience.
- At least one year inhouse at an IT services company.
- US law or Canadian law experience is a bonus.
- The Legal Counsel will be part of the US Geo Legal team and be expected to deal with a variety of matters. This role would suit a detail oriented professional with good organizational skills and excellent English writing and oral communication skills who works well with a very diverse range of functions and is comfortable with uncertainty.
- Very strong people skills.
- Able to work independently
- Law graduate. LLM from US or Canada is a bonus.
To apply for this Job : Click Here