Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 72,000 people and manufactures its products in 57 facilities in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio, and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg, strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Legal Advisory, Contract Management and Compliance
- To provide legal advice, transactional and business support to Goodyear India operations to ensure compliance, efficiency in business and minimize/eliminate risk.
- Provide proactive counsel and advice and transactional support to Goodyear India operations to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and Goodyear policies, create efficiency in business and minimize/eliminate risk.
- Strategic partner to business / functions such as sales, marketing, customer service, Finance, IT, HR, Procurement, Plant operations, Quality, EHS etc. on a range of issues, including legal, policy, product and regulatory issues and advising them on compliance of applicable laws.
- Provide analysis, structuring and documentation advise on transactions and managing risks in contracting within legal and corporate guidelines.
- Assist business in negotiation of acceptable contract terms with Key Accounts, Dealers, Distributors, CFAs, Service providers, Suppliers, etc. liaising with all relevant parts of the business in the process.
- Drafting and vetting of licensing agreements, service Agreements, Tolling and supply agreements, C&F agreements, NDAs, leases, leave and license, employment, dealers / distributors, Memorandum of Understanding, various deeds etc.
- Drafting and review of company policies in accordance with all applicable regulations
- Responsible for litigation management and developing strategy for favorable outcomes in collaboration with internal stakeholders and external counsels.
- Retaining and liaising with external counsel, vetting of pleadings,, representing the company before the courts/quasi judicial forums.
- Manage audits and follow-ups on existing legal cases and ensure proper documentation, record keeping and reporting to business/region/global stakeholders
- Identify opportunities to create cost efficiency in management of legal cases.
- Collaborate with business/functional stakeholders to discern risk tolerance and identify and lead risk management and compliance activities related to areas impacting the business such as competition law and antitrust, complex commercial contracts, labor and employment, anti-corruption, environmental health and safety, Third Party Suppliers etc.
- Providing training and guidance to employees on company policies, competition law, anti-bribery and corruption compliance.
- Guide and support the manufacturing Plant and offices to ensure Goodyear India is compliant under applicable laws (Local, Central and State), analyze and recommend long term compliance strategies, planning and opportunities.
- Monitoring the regulatory environment for changes in laws and regulations.
- Carrying out potential impact and opportunity assessment for business based on changes in regulatory framework.
- Drafting and vetting of responses to legal /regulatory notices received by the company.
- Represent the company before statutory authorities / regulators.
- Drafting representations and letters to Government departments and officials on laws and issues impacting the products and operations of the company.
Job Requirements :
- 10-12 years of post qualification experience
- A thorough understanding of the following areas of law – Commercial, Labour, Industrial, Environment, Consumer, Competition laws, Advertisement, Contracts, Information Technology, IPR, Privacy, Customs etc.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing related issues and understanding in handling trade promotions, customer activations, dealer promotions & schemes.
- Familiarity with Anti Bribery and Corruptions laws of US and India
- Experience of working with legal teams of multinational companies
- Education Qualification – LL.B from a reputed university
To apply for this Job : Click Here