Vivriti Asset Management (part of Vivriti Group) is a fund manager to fixed-income funds that invest in enterprises, backed by fundamental research and sectoral view. The team brings to fore over a decade’s experience in assessing and investing in Indian credit markets.
Vivriti Asset Management (VAM) is a leading Indian asset manager, focusing on performing credit markets. VAM manages mid-to-long term alternate investment funds (AIFs) which count marquee global and domestic investors. Launched in early 2020, VAM has raised commitments of over $ 175 Mn across 4 funds and aims to hit $ 1 Bn of AUM by Mar’25.
VAM is part of Vivriti Group, which runs CredAvenue – India’s largest online enterprise debt marketplace. CredAvenue has clocked debt volumes of $ 8 Bn since inception in 2017. The team at Vivriti Group has assessed and invested over $ 12 Bn in Indian debt markets over the past decade with < 0.1% losses
About the role
The legal counsel will manage all the legal aspects of Vivriti Asset Management. The role will ensure that company always operates within the law, offer counsel on legal issues, be an effective guardian of the organization and ensure that the Organization’s interest and reputation is safeguarded at all times. The incumbent will also provide legal advice to management, work with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to management. Deal with complex, significant matters that cut across legal and related areas
- Act as a legal consultant and lead the debt transactions, setting up Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs)
- Lead new investment transactions and manage the existing portfolio and taking enforcement actions for stressed assets or risk mitigating measures for potentially
- Provide general advisory and structure transactions, review and finalize documentation, participate in client negotiations
- Advising and implementing governance standards in portfolio companies to ensure
- with offshore and local laws and regulations.
- Working on complex transactions/issues that involves critical legal and regulatory analysis.
- Provide accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
- Set internal governance policies and manage the impact of external factors
- Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of any decision or course of action
- Anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically- apply risk management strategies to mitigate legal and commercial risks.
- Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks
- Create associations of trust and respect with key stakeholders, clients, investors
- Deal with external parties (regulators, external counsel, politicians, clients and create relationships of trust.
- Draft/ solidify agreements that minimize risks and maximize legal rights
- Appropriately assess legal risk when business decisions are made, demonstrate particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to policies, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Degree in Law. Proven general counselling experience in a business environment.
- Experience working in a legal firm, investment management company, NBFC will be an added advantage.
- 10- 16 years of experience with Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, litigations, labor law, etc), Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks.
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity, and gravitas
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
To apply for this Job : Click Here