Xiaomi was founded in 2010 by serial entrepreneur Lei Jun, who believes that high-quality technology doesn’t need to cost a fortune. We create remarkable hardware, software, and internet services for and with the help of our Mi fans. We incorporate their feedback into our product range, which currently includes the Mi Note Pro, Mi Note, Mi 4, Redmi 2, Mi TV, Mi Band and other accessories. With more than 61 million handsets sold in 2014, and products launched in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, India, Indonesia and Brazil, Xiaomi is expanding its footprint across the world to become a global brand.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The candidate will be responsible for assisting with:
- Drafting and reviewing a host of agreements including master service agreements, repair services agreements, marketing agreements, employment agreements, consultancy agreements, engagement letters, audit services agreements, franchise agreements, IP licensing agreements, software development agreements, lease agreements, staffing services agreements and other commercial agreements.
- Handling legal matters relating to aftersales operations, logistics, employment and staffing arrangements, product compliances, admin and internal support functions.
- Liaising with and managing government, regulatory and/or quasi-judicial authorities as and when required.
- Advising on impact and consequences of new laws and regulations affecting Xiaomi’s businesses.
- Advising the business teams on strategizing and resolving legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, potential disputes and addressing any government enquires.
- Prioritizing and judging what matter should be handled internally or by outside counsels and managing the external counsels effectively.
- Providing strategic and practical legal advice to the business teams of the company as and when required. Ability to break down complex legal issues for the business and commercial teams to understand the associated risks and take correct informed decisions.
- Provide close support, guidance and oversight to the business teams on topics related to HR compliances, legal metrology, product related compliances, permits, licenses, approvals etc. and monitor corrective action plans relating to regulatory compliance.
- Providing assistance in the preparation of compliance checklists for new product introductions, other business related compliances and risk assessment.
- Stay up-to-date on developments and trends in the industry, track upcoming laws and regulations related to the business, analyze and provide reports and summaries to the team.
Skills and Qualifications:
- L.L.B Degree from a recognized university in India.
- 4-5 years of experience.
- Preferred experience in contract drafting, review and negotiation and managing compliances as an in-house counsel or as a part of a law firm.
- Ability to work efficiently and proactively on multiple projects under tight deadlines while maintaining a commitment to quality.
- Strong verbal and analytical skills, exceptional interpersonal skills, cross-cultural skills and highly team-oriented.
- Flawless language and drafting skills.
- Solid business acumen and willingness to work in an unstructured working environment and ability to interact comfortably with business and management persons.
- Strategic legal thinking and capable of arriving at practical legal solutions.
To apply for this Job : Click Here