Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
The Legal & Policy Team is Snap’s dedicated in-house law firm, policy consultant, lobbyist, thought partner, and all-around advisor, and serves all of Snap Inc.’s subsidiaries and affiliates, including Snap Camera India Private Limited (“Snap India”). This team helps Snap do the right thing the right way, make better decisions, understand and manage risks, and creatively navigate challenges, both external and internal. We partner with Snap team members on a wide array of matters, including privacy, product, IP, commercial transactions, corporate governance, employment, acquisitions, litigation, and policy, and social impact. The Legal & Policy team values diversity and knows it powers us as we build an innovative and inclusive leadership culture centered on Snap’s values of Kind, Smart, and Creative.
What You’ll Do
- Working for Snap India, you’ll partner closely with our local team in India and Snap’s Legal, Public Policy, and other teams to ensure Snap India’s compliance with applicable Indian legal and internal policy requirements, including but not limited to India’s Information Technology Act, 2000 and India’s recently-adopted Information Technology Guidelines for Intermediaries and Digital Media Ethics Code Rules, 2021.
- Provide close compliance support and guidance to Snap India teams coordinating with government and law enforcement agencies, and handling user grievances.
- Provide privacy and other ad hoc legal counsel and support to the Snap India and Snap HQ teams as necessary.
- Provide regular feedback to Snap India and Snap’s other teams and leadership regarding the design and operation of Snap India’s compliance in India, the key issues, the emerging trends, and the effectiveness of Snap India’s compliance program operations, resourcing, and external understanding.
- Identify, propose, and support effective process and technical solutions to facilitate Snap India’s compliance with applicable Indian laws and regulations.
- Ensure Snap India stays abreast with current and anticipated regulations as well as industry best practices.
- Willingness to work off hours and overtime, including weekends and occasionally on holidays, in order to support emergency matters within India and interact with globally-based company employees.
- Report to Snap’s Global Data Protection Officer, who serves on Snap’s Legal’s Privacy and Product team.
- JD degree or foreign equivalent
- 8+ years of experience
- Resident of India, holding a valid Indian passport, preferably located in Mumbai
To apply for this Job : Click Here