Snap Inc. is a camera company. At Snap, we believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. We contribute to human progress by empowering people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
What You’ll Do
- Working for Snap India, you’ll partner closely with our local team in India and Snap’s Legal, Public Policy, and other teams to ensure Snap India’s compliance with applicable Indian legal and internal policy requirements, including but not limited to India’s Information Technology Act, 2000 and India’s recently-adopted Information Technology Guidelines for Intermediaries and Digital Media Ethics Code Rules, 2021.
- Provide close compliance support and guidance to Snap India teams coordinating with government and law enforcement agencies, and handling user grievances.
- Provide privacy and other ad hoc legal counsel and support to the Snap India and Snap HQ teams as necessary.
- Provide regular feedback to Snap India and Snap’s other teams and leadership regarding the design and operation of Snap India’s compliance in India, the key issues, the emerging trends, and the effectiveness of Snap India’s compliance program operations, resourcing, and external understanding.
- Identify, propose, and support effective process and technical solutions to facilitate Snap India’s compliance with applicable Indian laws and regulations.
- Ensure Snap India stays abreast with current and anticipated regulations as well as industry best practices.
- Willingness to work off hours and overtime, including weekends and occasionally on holidays, in order to support emergency matters within India and interact with globally-based company employees.
- Report to Snap’s Global Data Protection Officer, who serves on Snap’s Legal’s Privacy and Product team.
- JD degree or foreign equivalent
- 8+ years of experience
- Resident of India, holding a valid Indian passport, preferably located in Mumbai
- Certifications in data protection is a plus
- Fluency in at least one Indian language and English
- Proven track record maintaining relationships with government agencies and other stakeholders in the relevant legal and compliance areas
- Experience working at a fast-paced growing international organization
- Experience working across different time zones with cross functional teams on compliance matters
To apply for this Job : Click Here