EY exists to build a better working world, helping create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing team within EY. Based in the RMS-GCO Commercial Contracting team in GDS India, the role will support the General Counsel’s Office and handle the end-to-end contract finalisation for EY’s business on vendor contracts. You will provide legal support to the business and become a trusted adviser of stakeholders.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Part of the Global GCO team, and shall as EY’s legal representative, will be responsible for drafting, negotiating and advising on various contracts, in particular:
- Order, SOW, Change request, Amendments of IT contracts for multiple EY divisions and variety of technologies;
- Sponsorship contracts;
- Meeting and events contracts;
- Travel and Hotel Agreements;
- Services Agreements;
- Consultancy Agreements
- Software support agreements
- Data Transfer Agreements
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating, finalising and advising on global procurement contracts (for EY and its global network member firms) and shall include
- Providing business and legal advice and guidance to internal clients and end users regarding potential issues stemming from new and existing contracts
- Working with internal clients to develop strategies to address issues identified.
- Communicating progress, challenges, risks and benefits to appropriate management levels and affected user groups and other members of the GCO in the relevant jurisdictions.
- Understanding practice and user business goals and how they impact the types of products and services procured.
- Coordinating with cross functional teams (tax, data privacy, information security) in respect to contract review as appropriate.
- Ensuring that accurate and sufficient contractual documentation are developed to effectively document procurement transactions and to protect EY’s interests.
- Preparing and maintaining internal contract summary reports for review as needed.
- Understanding the EY policies that are relevant to procurement transactions and how contract drafting, negotiation and execution are impacted by those policies (Independence, Procurement, Data Privacy, etc.).
- Ensuring that all contractual documents developed are compliant with EY policies.
- Managing own workflow and propose process improvements.
- Maintaining an understanding of the impact of changes in EY policies, organizational structure, and procedures.
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with internal stakeholders and vendors;
- Ability to team effectively with onshore legal team and colleagues in other functions;
- Ability to grasp, understand, and accurately articulate and document the requirements;
- Expertise in contract law, contract drafting, data protection & privacy;
- Ability to assess size, scope and overall risk of contemplated transactions and to tailor contracts accordingly;
- Highly responsive with ability to manage high workload volumes efficiently and effectively;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Strong communication and English language (verbal and written) skills;
- Solutions – oriented with relentless focus on world class execution of projects and tasks;
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and ownership for success of a given task;
- Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment and ability to work cooperatively with other teams and country practices, demonstrating cultural sensitivity;
- High levels of personal energy and appetite for work and success.
Experience And Qualifications
- Law Graduate, with 5 years of experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts or other contracts with an appreciation of general legal and risk management issues. Experience in US and UK laws are preferred
- Understanding of data protection (GDPR/CCPA) and security terms
To apply for this Job : Click Here