Founded in 2016 with a vision to transform the trade ecosystem in the country leveraging technology, udaan is India’s largest b2b eCommerce platform that is empowering small businesses through the power and scale offered by eCommerce. It has operations across categories including lifestyle, electronics, home & kitchen, staples, fruits & vegetables, FMCG, pharma, toys and general merchandise. udaan has over 3 million users, 1.7 million retailers, chemists, kirana shops, HoReCa, farmers and 30,000 sellers on the platform across the country. The platform enables supply chain & logistics operations, which is based on sound technology, for daily delivery across 900 cities and 12,000 pin codes through udaanExpress. It enables financial products and trade credit services to small businesses, manufacturers, retailers and buyers through udaanCapital to grow their business.
- To ensure regulatory compliance for the Udaan group.
- You will be working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the compliance of the organisation and empower the organisation to grow at speed.
- Your service that effectively supports business areas in their duty to comply with relevant laws and regulations and internal procedures.
- You will maintain active checklists and implement compliance actionable in a timely manner to enable the organisation to build a long-lasting culture of compliance.
- Deal With labour law and all applicable laws compliance matters.
- Making applications and obtaining registration, licenses, permissions from statutory authorities (Food license, Labour law registrations, OSP license, Trade licenses, Drugs and cosmetics license, Pollution control board consent, Factories Licence, etc) and updating MIS on a recurring basis.
- Appear before the authorities for Inspection, notice, show cause notice, quasi-judicial proceedings and summons as and when needed.
- Assisting internal teams on matters relating to real estate leases, HR matters, etc.
- Handle the internal and external audit.
- Research and advisory on the on applicable laws
- Opinions to be shared on case laws.
- Monitor the compliance partner.
- Knowledge on the Cess Payment.
- Resolving pending licences with regulatory department
- Handle the consents under pollution control board
- Compliance under E- waste management Rules
- Plastic waste Registrations
- Must have 8+ years of work experience for LC/4-6years of work experience for in compliance function.
- Must be an LLB graduate from a recognised university.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interface effectively with all levels and to keep relevant stakeholders regularly and timely updated.
- Possess a strong desire to learn the business and new areas of law and to function integrally as part of a geographically dispersed Legal Team
- A very empowered and engaged role with an excellent growth potential.
- Must be willing to travel.
Should be well versed with –
- Labour Laws,
- Factories Act 1948,
- Food Safety Standards Act 2011,
- Drugs and Cosmetics Act 1940,
- Environmental Act 1986,
- Air Act 1981,
- Water Act 1974,
- Essential commodities Act 1955,
- Legal metrology Act 2009,
- Municipal Laws and etc
- APMC laws
- Air Act and Water Act
- Environment protection Act 1986
- Plastic waste management Rules 2016
- Experience in facing the government bodies and addressing the response to Notice/show cause notice.
- Research on case laws.
- Good with interpretation skills.
To apply for this Job : Click Here