We’re a financial services organisation that serves more than 40 million customers, ranging from individual savers and investors to some of the world’s biggest companies and governments. Our network covers 64 countries and territories, and we’re here to use our unique expertise, capabilities, breadth and perspectives to open up a world of opportunity for our customers.
Why Join us:
- Global Legal Services (GLS) Legal provides support to the GBM & CMB businesses. The main GLS businesses are Banking, Markets, Capital Financing, Securities Services and the shared products of Global Trade and Receivables Finance, and Payments and Global Liquidity & Cash Management.Legal General provides support to GLS, Wealth & Personal and Commercial Banking Customers relating to distinct and diversified customer queries. The same includes businesses from small enterprises and mid-market companies to large multinationals along with Individuals banking with HSBC. The Legal team further supports Group Legal in due diligence reviews globally including risk assessment and monitoring, information and cyber security reviews and end to end on boarding. Provide legal support on a variety of legal matters like NDAs, Global Trade Receivable Finance Standard Trade Terms, Board Resolutions, CASS Letters, Partnership Agreements, Trade Registers, POAs. Ensure that completed documentation provides appropriate credit and legal protection for the Bank.
- The role holder, Legal Counsel – Global Legal Services, Bangalore is responsible for the day to day operations and delivery of the India-based Offshore GLS team and is responsible for managing the legal risk contained within the suite of documents, which will increase overtime as part of the broader offshoring strategy of the Global Legal Function.
- The role holder is responsible for –
- the drafting and negotiating of Non- Disclosure Agreements, Standard Trade Terms for processing core trade transactions and trade flows, Facility Agreements and other related agreements for any loan facility, Deposit Account Control Agreement, PoAs, Indemnity Letters and Waiver Letters. Further, negotiations or queries on standard templates for Charged & Secured Accounts and Account Mandates
- Prepare opinion letters for customers in Wealth and Personal Market, familiarity with security/collateral related issues, particularly lien/charges on security or all assets and familiarity with most types of loan related documents, including credit agreements, security agreements, indemnities, UCC’s, guaranties, subordination agreements, deed of priority and inter-creditor agreements
- Well versed with Contracts Act, Company Law, Partnership Act, Competition Law and other related legislations to conduct proper due diligence on various entities/customers in order to on board such clients globally
- Familiarity with laws relating to Intellectual Property Rights, Competition Act, Sanctions & AML Act along with Banking regulations (HKMA, Banking Regulation 2020) & Common Wealth Laws Ensure end to end execution of a request, including liaising with stakeholders, drafting, negotiating, updating database and archiving emails, as appropriateand projects involving legal research for a global network of stakeholders.
- Role Holder is accountable to the completion of tasks which includes but not limited to:
- Negotiation Support/Legal Drafting
- Promote a strong sense of teamwork to ensure all areas work collaborative and as efficiently as possible
- Ensure the team’s priorities are aligned with Senior Management priorities
- Change Management
- Technology / Workflow
- Process Re-engineering
- Ad-hoc projects within GLS/GBM Legal
- Given the unique position of being in the GSC, the individual will be required to bring standardization, where possible, across the documentation process across regions and therefore requires an individual to have the drive to establish and share best practices.
- As a SME, acts as the second point of contact for any query the onshore legal negotiation team might have, and advises senior management in strategic decisions relating to process and generic operations and workflow management.
What you will do:
- Responsible for work load management and delivery of volumes and quality which will include assigning and allocation of tasks in timely and in an accurate manner
- Effective and timely communication of matters requiring consideration and decision to the Regional Heads and Global Head of the function
- Motivating the team to achieve team goals as well as Onboarding targets
- Shall engage very closely with senior stakeholders across product categories and client management within Banking Middle Office and associated functions in charting out a very effective documentation process including definition of fully aligned desk instruction manual across all stakeholders who are involved in the process along with service and performance level agreements
- Following appropriate processes and procedures and understanding statutory and regulatory obligations
- Responsible in maintaining work environment which encourages creativity, defect free implementation of procedures and maintains high productivity levels through continuous improvement
- Responsible for the development of team through coaching/counselling and identifying appropriate training & development requirements and to lead and motivate staff with differing aspirations working in productivity based environment where deadlines are critical
- Developing and maintaining information flows to and within the GLS Regional teams
- Contributing to the development and implementation of drafting and negotiating best practices
- Supporting the process for the annual review of terms of reference and effectiveness
- Ensuring costs and expenses are met by the relevant business/cost code wherever possible
- Suggesting improved processes to increase efficiency, control costs and avoid operational losses within the Department
- Addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department
- Working closely with and influencing internal stakeholders and SMEs globally
- Senior stakeholder management
- Delivery of a high quality service with a complex set of activities against the backdrop of both the external legal and regulatory framework and the internal control framework of the Group Standards Manual Working in a pressurized, time sensitive environment
What you will need to succeed in the role
- Legal qualification with 8 years plus of relevant experience of relevant work experience within the banking/financial services industry
- Ability to effectively engage and negotiate with senior stakeholders, demonstrating considered foresight and highly developed interpersonal skills
- Experience of successfully managing teams of highly skilled individuals; able to motivate and set the tone for the team
- Ability to manage and develop a team staff across a diverse range of processes/products in order to equip them to handle scope expansion and also to handle any tasks for Legal teams
- Able to deal with and constructively resolve conflicting views and where necessary, escalate to senior management in a clear and succinct manner
- Be change oriented and able to cope with pressure and tight deadlines
To apply for this Job : Click Here