As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Overseeing corporate secretarial work, including periodic and ad hoc organizing of Board of Directors and Shareholders’ meetings, reviewing and drafting minutes, and engaging with outside counsel to ensure full compliance with the Companies Act as well as with Polaris’ standard policies and practices.
- Distribution and dealer agreement management, including drafting amendments and termination agreements.
- Manage third-party due diligence checks
- Daily legal support to Polaris’ Bangalore-based shared service center, as well as to Polaris’ wholly owned Faridabad-based distribution entity.
- Drafting and reviewing agreements, policies and standard operating processes relating to, amongst others, manufacturing, procurement, logistics, services, marketing, advertising, IT, real estate.
- Legal support of / collaboration with finance / tax teams and other functional in-house stakeholders on intercompany transactions, projects, and contentious matters.
- Manage product safety recalls and regulatory compliance issues
- Oversee data privacy compliance in conjunction with the lead privacy lawyer
- Manage in-country litigation
- Support M&A activity in the region and assist with the integration of acquired entities
- Support HR stakeholders with employment and labor matters, including compliance with Polaris’ Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Occasionally assist with product compliance and Indian regulatory matters.
Skills & Knowledge
- Five to ten years’ experience in an international corporate environment with MNCs, as member of a legal department or law firm.
- LL.B or LL.M. degree from a recognized Indian university, and CS degree by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India
- Good understanding of how to conduct background checks – sanction screening. Ability to determine whether red flags can be mitigated or should be raised to higher levels in the organization.
- Excellent command of English is mandatory.
- Dynamic personality with strong ethical values
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
To apply for this Job : Click Here