Johnson & Johnson is the largest and most broadly based healthcare company in the world. We’re producing life-changing breakthroughs every day, and have been for the last 130 years. The combination of new technologies and your expertise enables amazing things to happen. Teams from J&J’s consumer business are creating digital tools to help people track the health of their skin. Those working in medical devices are 3-D printing artificial joints personalized for each patient, while researchers in pharmaceuticals use AI to discover lifesaving drugs. Imagine what the rest of our team of 134,000 people at 260 companies in more than 60 countries across the world is accomplishing. We redefine what it means to be a big company in today’s world.
The Johnson & Johnson Law Department is recruiting for an on-site Legal Counsel reporting to the country lead counsel at Medical Devices India.
- Provide legal counsel, strategic guidance and support to the Medical Devices operation of Johnson & Johnson Private Limited (JJMI) ; particularly, handling litigation portfolio and tender support.
- Provide independent legal counsel, strategic guidance and support Vision Care and CSS businesses.
- Proactively assess legal risks to the operations and work with the country lead counsel to construct and implement policies and procedures to address and manage those risks including preventative actions, trainings and communications.
- Exercise communications and other skills in order to be able to positively influence the leadership team and management of Vision Care and CSS to make well considered decisions and achieve compliant success of operations.
- Provide guidance on and ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations applicable to the operations of Vision Care and CSS businesses including any relevant industry codes.
- Manage all litigation, dispute resolution, and any internal and external investigations related to the business operations assigned by the country lead counsel.
- Engage and manage outside counsel including providing appropriate budgets for outside counsel and setting ground rules for the operations on when and how to request outside legal services/support.
- Provide legal input and guidance to the employees of JJMI and other J&J group entities on all J&J policies and procedures including the Code of Business Conduct, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Corporate Integrity Agreements, and the Health Care Compliance and Health Care Business Integrity Guide. This includes advising employees on any new policies or required changes to existing policies, and creating with the country lead counsel appropriate training for employees on such policies.
- As directed by the country lead counsel, provide legal counsel and support on legal issues and risk management for any enabling functions (shared functions) of JJMI and JJSV such as Human Resources, Quality, Government Affairs, Medical Affairs, Supply Chain, Sales, Procurement, Communications, Marketing, Finance, IT and General Affairs.
- Proactively partner and work with other Johnson & Johnson lawyers in the country (other sectors) /region/global to drive local alignment with country (cross-sector), regional and global legal best practices and knowledge sharing.
- Advise operations on its copy clearance of materials and internet-related activities.
- LL.B. or LL.M. from a reputed university/law school in India.
Experience And Skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- 6-9 years PQE
- Experience working in multi-national corporations (ideally with experience doing legal work in the health care industry) is preferable, but not a prerequisite.
- Broad corporate experience, ideally advising senior leaders of business units or functions is favorable.
- Ability to go beyond law and ethics to live Our Credo – the business foundation of J&J over the last 70 years, and to incorporate Our Credo in making appropriate decisions.
- Comfortable and willing to work as part of a team, and open to different roles and responsibilities in a changing environment.
- Keen to interact with diverse group of people spanning a broad range of business teams and executives within the client organizations.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across all levels of a complex matrix organization and capability to accept sudden changes.
- Superior communication skills and proven ability to counsel senior management on complex legal matters.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-national company and cross-border environment.
- Self-starter with strong drive for results & strong sense of ownership but also willing to take direction from various stakeholders.
- Client Oriented – ability to proactively connect and engage with operations to find practical or innovative solutions (including alternative solutions, if applicable) and partner with them to implement desired actions and lead compliant success of operations.
- Judgment capability, good consultative skills, and structural thinking.
- Objective thinker who is able to advance ideas and influence others.
- Ability to manage conflicts in an open and constructive manner.
- Able to lead by example and ensure high ethical, legal and compliance standards and be proactive in engaging organization to identify opportunities to enhance ethics and anti-corruption practices and procedures.
- Strong ability to deal with ambiguity and simplify issues for clients.
To apply for this Job : Click Here