We are champions for meaningful progress, helping our clients to win, keep and grow their best customers. With best-in-class services and solutions in media, CXM, and creative, we operate in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 48,000 dedicated specialists.
Key Purpose & Responsibilities:
- The purpose of this role is to help deliver, manage and support legal work at a mid-managerial scope within Dentsu.
- Provides legal advice to stakeholders at various levels of the organization on relevant subjects to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and the protection of Dentsu’s commercial interests
- Drafts, negotiates and advises on medium to high complexity commercial agreements
- Delivers adequate legal support (templates, advice, risk management, subject matter knowledge) to accelerate and underpin the expansion of company strategy
- Provides legal support on various matters to commercial teams in contractual negotiations to achieve the most advantageous and/or beneficial legal and commercial terms for Dentsu
- Assists in developing and delivering training and legal risk management initiatives to senior management in managing legal risks (e.g. business training, legal updates, etc)
- Helps to implement best-practices in compliance, contracts management, intellectual property, data protection, IT, litigation and/or M&A
- Assists with delivering cost-effective handling of existing litigation and disputes to protect Dentsu’s best interests, including timely and accurate reporting
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations, internal policies of the company, and contractual obligations;
- Co-ordinates with intra departments of the company in respect of commercial and contractual matters where appropriate to ensure that all relevant legal issues are identified and appropriate support is provided
- Understand tax and regulatory structure of the company and be able to safeguard the company from exposure in the contracts.
- Assists in the development of best practice with regards to the legal aspects of commercial and contractual matters entrusted
- Influences and assists in discussions between clients and other functions to ensure the best legal solution to meet commercial objectives and to encourage best practices
- Provides regular reports and updates to line manager and to internal stakeholders, as appropriate
Key Challenges in the role:
Advertising Media and Entertainment Industry is now being regulated with various legislations governing almost every aspect of it which makes doing business and compliance a real challenge. We’re looking to onboard a subject matter expert who keeps himself/herself/themselves updated with new developments relating to the function and apply them to mitigate risk and exposure for the company. Incumbent is expected to grasp the key provisions and apply them effectively in each endeavor he/she undertakes in this position.
It is expected that the incumbent will have high vitality & interest levels to absorb as much as possible of the daily learning in legal fields governing advertising, media & entertainment, positively respond to stress levels which are common to legal profession and have an attitude and confidence that compliments his/her legal work. Strong commercial acumen with a solution provider’s approach is a must.
- LL.B with 6-8 years post qualification experience as in house lawyer and/or in law firms.
- Diplomas in legal vocations/subjects like advertising laws, Media and Entertainment, Intellectual Property Rights etc. shall be given weightage but are not must.
- A stint in Media & Entertainment or Information Technology industry shall be an added advantage.
- Incumbent must have excellent command over spoken and written English.
- Incumbent must be self-driven and motivated to take initiatives
- Incumbent must be able to demonstrate the ability to handle pressure situations with alacrity.
- Incumbent must have multitasking ability. Timely and efficient delivery of legal support is the key.
To apply for this Job : Click Here