We are champions for meaningful progress, helping our clients to win, keep and grow their best customers. With best-in-class services and solutions in media, CXM, and creative, we operate in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 48,000 dedicated specialists.
Key Purpose & Responsibilities:
- The purpose of this role is to help deliver, manage and support legal work at a mid-managerial scope within Dentsu.
- Provides legal advice to stakeholders at various levels of the organization on relevant subjects to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and the protection of Dentsu’s commercial interests
- Drafts, negotiates and advises on medium to high complexity commercial agreements
- Delivers adequate legal support (templates, advice, risk management, subject matter knowledge) to accelerate and underpin the expansion of company strategy
- Provides legal support on various matters to commercial teams in contractual negotiations to achieve the most advantageous and/or beneficial legal and commercial terms for Dentsu
- Assists in developing and delivering training and legal risk management initiatives to senior management in managing legal risks (e.g. business training, legal updates, etc)
- Helps to implement best-practices in compliance, contracts management, intellectual property, data protection, IT, litigation and/or M&A
- Assists with delivering cost-effective handling of existing litigation and disputes to protect Dentsu’s best interests, including timely and accurate reporting
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations, internal policies of the company, and contractual obligations;
- Co-ordinates with intra departments of the company in respect of commercial and contractual matters where appropriate to ensure that all relevant legal issues are identified and appropriate support is provided
- Understand tax and regulatory structure of the company and be able to safeguard the company from exposure in the contracts.
- Assists in the development of best practice with regards to the legal aspects of commercial and contractual matters entrusted
- Influences and assists in discussions between clients and other functions to ensure the best legal solution to meet commercial objectives and to encourage best practices
- Provides regular reports and updates to line manager and to internal stakeholders, as appropriate
It is expected that the incumbent will have high vitality & interest levels to absorb as much as possible of the daily learning in legal fields governing advertising, media & entertainment, positively respond to stress levels which are common to legal profession and have an attitude and confidence that compliments his/her legal work. Strong commercial acumen with a solution provider’s approach is a must.
- LL.B with 6-8 years post qualification experience as in house lawyer and/or in law firms.
- Diplomas in legal vocations/subjects like advertising laws, Media and Entertainment, Intellectual Property Rights etc. shall be given weightage but are not must.
- A stint in Media & Entertainment or Information Technology industry shall be an added advantage.
- Incumbent must have excellent command over spoken and written English.
- Incumbent must be self-driven and motivated to take initiatives
- Incumbent must be able to demonstrate the ability to handle pressure situations with alacrity.
- Incumbent must have multitasking ability. Timely and efficient delivery of legal support is the key.
To apply for this Job : Click Here