Coda Payments is headquartered in Singapore with dozens of additional outposts around the world. It is backed by Apis Partners and GMO Global Payment Fund, whose strategic management company is GMO Payment Gateway, Japan’s largest online payment gateway. Coda Payments has recently been named the 28th fastest growing company in the Asia-Pacific region by the Financial Times (making it the second fastest growing fintech company in its region), the 8th fastest growing company in Singapore by the Straits Times, and a Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum.
- Providing legal advice to support the business ensuring corporate and regulatory compliance. This includes:
- Managing corporate and legal compliance in the South Asia region;
- Supporting the Legal team in monitoring and reporting on regulatory developments in South Asian countries which the Company operates or intends to operate.
- Conducting legal research, where required.
- Working in consultation with and the oversight of the global Legal team.
- Highlighting, advising on and proposing business-oriented solutions in relation to contractual issues, legal and commercial risks on a wide range of matters, including general commercial and corporate advisory work.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts with payment channel providers, merchants and third-party vendors in the region.
- Responding to enquiries from business development teams about legal and contractual obligations.
- Instructing and managing external counsels, where required.
- Handling other in-house legal matters including employment issues relating to the region.
- Comfortable meeting and building relationships with regulators and other government officials as required.
- Acting as registered grievance officer in India for the Indian entity.
- Undertaking any other ad hoc legal projects as assigned.
- Law degree from a recognised university
- Qualified to practice law in India.
- At least 3-5 years of commercial contract review experience in India. Similar work experiences in other South Asian countries such as Pakistan or Bangladesh will be advantageous.
- Excellent English speaking and written abilities. Hindi or Bengali language skills are also advantageous.
- Strong drafting, negotiation and client communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making and risk assessment capabilities, with good judgment and commitment to delivering results.
- Experience within Fintech industry will be advantageous.
- A good understanding of cross-border commercial work.
- Hands on, independent, and has excellent interpersonal skills.
To apply for this Job : Click Here