Wipro Limited (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO) is a leading technology services and consulting company focused on building innovative solutions that address clients’ most complex digital transformation needs. Leveraging our holistic portfolio of capabilities in consulting, design, engineering, and operations, we help clients realize their boldest ambitions and build future-ready, sustainable businesses. With over 240,000 employees and business partners across 66 countries, we deliver on the promise of helping our customers, colleagues, and communities, to thrive in an ever-changing world.
- Respond to dispute and pre-dispute demand letters
- Counsel business and stakeholders on legal dispute best-practices
- Analyze case files, contracts, documentary evidence, and carry out litigation strategy
- Conducting interviews, gather documents and electronic records
- Coordinate and schedule depositions, hearings, trials, conferences and meetings
- Summarize calls, set action items, follow through to closure
- Verify information, locate evidence and exhibits
- Manage budgets, billing and invoices
- Negotiate rates and contracts for legal services vendors
- Maintain a case management database
- Obtain copies of company and court documents
- Assist in all facets of litigation, including pre-disputes, fact investigation, drafting legal responses, responding to subpoenas and other discovery requests, preparing witnesses for testimony, and negotiating and drafting settlements
- Perform legal work in-house whenever possible
- Interact with outside counsel, including, budgets and invoices, compliance with outside counsel guidelines, and work product
- Draft succinct, practical legal advice
- Identify, review, analyze, manage and resolve pre-disputes
- Implement, and enforce company policies on eDiscovery
Experience And Skill Set Required
- The ideal candidate will be a law graduate with 3-4 years’ experience
- At least one year Disputes experience.
- At least one year inhouse at an IT services company.
- US law or Canadian law experience is a bonus.
- The Legal Counsel will be part of the US Geo Legal team and be expected to deal with a variety of matters. This role would suit a detail oriented professional with good organizational skills and excellent English writing and oral communication skills who works well with a very diverse range of functions and is comfortable with uncertainty.
- Very strong people skills.
- Able to work independently
- Law graduate. LLM from US or Canada is a bonus.
To apply for this Job : Click Here