Sun Pharma is the world’s fourth largest specialty generic pharmaceutical company and No. 1 in India. We provide high-quality, affordable medicines trusted by customers and patients in over 100 countries. Sun Pharma’s global presence is supported by more than 40 manufacturing facilities spread across 5 continents, R&D centres across the globe and a multi-cultural workforce comprising over 50 nationalities. Sun Pharma fosters excellence through innovation supported by strong R&D capabilities comprising around 2,000 scientists and R&D investments of over 7-8% of annual revenues.
The incumbent will be a part of the corporate legal & compliance team responsible for the legal & compliance function of Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. a publicly listed company, offering high-quality trusted medicines in multiple therapeutic categories. As part of his/her responsibilities, the incumbent will provide all legal support (encompassing litigation, commercial contracting, and compliance support) to the business. S/he will constantly review and counsel on local laws, policies and practices to the various business teams on multiple business initiatives and projects
Planning and managing all aspects of the legal functional responsibilities assigned;
- Reviewing, interpreting and counseling on relevant local laws, court rulings, policies and practices, business conduct guidelines and ethics;
- Advising business teams on legal, compliance, pharma legal, regulatory and liability matters;
- Supporting various business teams/departments by drafting, reviewing and vetting contracts and agreements (Business Development, India Business, Consumer Healthcare, Sourcing (manufacturing & supply), In-licensing, Distribution, Global API, Quality, etc.);
- Drafting, negotiating and closing various commercial documents necessary for closure of the transactions;
- Advising Medical Affairs, Regulatory Department, Corporate Affairs, HR, IT and other business / support functions with expert legal advice;
- Supporting litigation & dispute resolution management in all forums and ensuring effective representation by outside counsels in a cost effective manner;
- Advising business teams on promotion, marketing laws and applicable industry codes;
- Contributing as a member of corporate legal and compliance team on various policies and department initiatives, including projects aimed at streamlining processes, coordinating training and development for legal team members as well as businesses, and developing and sharing best practices.
Qualifications & Experience :
- • LLB/LLM degree required
- • 02-05 years of post-qualification legal experience (in-house counsel and/or law firm)
- • Excellent drafting skills
- • Excellent communication skills
- • Well equipped for agreement negotiations from legal perspective
- Proactive and always planning in advance for legal, regulatory and compliance risks and challenges;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with superior ability to express;
- Collaborative personality and team player with excellent ability to work effectively with diverse groups, including business teams, other key management support functions, law firms, other team members;
- Ability to understand businesses and provide strategic advice without losing sight of details;
- Solution orientated, ability to work well both independently and in a team environment;
- Capable of extending support for seniors who are leading various projects and generally taking a proactive role.
To apply for this Job : Click Here