– To work in close coordination with the Advocates/retainer counsels, Advocate-on-Record and Senior Advocates representing Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) before various legal forums in Delhi and outside.
– To carry out the research work and prepare the background paper, on regulatory framework in other countries across the world, vis-a-vis the corresponding prevalent law and impact of such law on the regulatory framework.
– To assist the Officers of Legal Division in research relating to the case laws pertaining to the Court Case in which TRAI is a party.
– To maintain category wise, court wise database of court cases and the judgments of various courts of law therein.
– To assist the officers of Legal Division in providing inputs to the Advocates/Retainer counsels/Senior Advocates on legal points with the help of online database of Legal Cases, so that the interests of the Authority be protected in the courts of law.
Requisite Eligibility Conditions
a) A Bachelor’s Degree in Law from any recognized Institution [A Post Graduate Degree in Law is desirable]
b) At least one-year experience in drafting, handling briefs, briefing Senior Counsel and attending and arguing before different Courts, including experience in legal research work.[Experience in Telecom and Broadcasting regulatory matters is desirable]
c) Should have a working knowledge of Computers and proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
d) Proficiency and working knowledge of Legal Softwares such as SCConline, Manupatra, etc. for collecting and collating judgments of different courts of law on a given subject.
01 to 06 years
To apply for this legal job: Click Here
National Institute for Smart Government (NISG) is a not-for-profit company set up in a Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) in 2002 under the recommendations of The National Taskforce on Information Technology & Software Development, with 51% equity contributed by the private sector & 49% by the public sector. NASSCOM, Government of India & Government of Andhra Pradesh are the main promoters with ILFS, Government of Chhattisgarh, Government of Meghalaya & Vizag Municipal Corporation being the other stakeholders.