Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation. SPE’s global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; digital content creation and distribution; worldwide channel investments; home entertainment acquisition and distribution, operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of filmed entertainment in more than 130 countries.
This attorney will work closely with the Head of Legal Affairs and senior business and finance executives worldwide to document and administer development, production, co-production, financing, distribution and sales/ licensing agreements for motion picture and television productions.
- Negotiate and draft contracts for all aspects of motion picture and television content development and production.
- This will include all above-the-line contracts: talent engagement, co-production arrangements, rights acquisition and licensing.
- Review, perfect and approve chain of title on developments and productions with a view to assess and minimize risk. Review and track third party obligations with respect to licensing of adaptation rights including film remake rights.
- Review scripts and content for pre-development and pre-exploitation clearances with IP and Negotiate and draft literary works option and purchase contracts, rights acquisition and licensing contracts.
- Negotiate and draft rights sale and licensing contracts for exploitation of content through all modes and platforms and output deals.
- Negotiate and draft all contracts pertaining to marketing and promotion of content produced and/or distributed including in-film product placements, co-branding etc.
- Negotiate and draft all manner of assignments, releases, contingent compensation definitions and standard definitions, settlement agreements etc.
- Contract execution, administration and management.
- Liaise with Head Office Legal Team in Los Angeles.
- Maintain and update status reports on ongoing projects by collating updates received from all departments.
- Research and prepare necessary background information and counsel briefing and internal notes for litigation preparation.
- Research related to contract laws, arbitration laws, privacy rights, copyright laws, international subsidies, tax credits, guild requirements and related matters and circulating notes on key developments impacting business to keep the team abreast of all relevant information.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- LLB from a reputed institute.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in entertainment law preferably motion picture and television financing, production and exploitation.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word.
- Must have excellent negotiation and communication skills (written and oral).
- Additional language skills will be an advantage.
To apply for this Job : Click here