Tenneco is one of the world’s leading designers, manufacturers, and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers, with 2019 revenues of $17.5 billion and approximately 78,000 team members working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Our four business groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air, and Powertrain, deliver technology solutions for diversified global markets, including light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial, motorsport, and the aftermarket. Further details can be found on the company website at www.tenneco.com
DIMENSION OF THE JOB:
The incumbent will be responsible for running all the Legal cases of various legislation applicable to the Company. The areas covered will be all Industrial Relations, Legal Issues, Legal Compliances, Industrial Discipline and Employee Relations. Acts as an legal specialist in managing day-to-day interactions with the statutory authorities, Advocates and Law firms at large. Responsible for statutory governance and smooth Industrial relations at site. Activities are managed/executed rather than supervised as an individual contributor role and be responsible for ensuring compliance.
MAJOR ROLE OF THE POSITION:
The person will be responsible IR& Legal activities.
- Design, develop and implement Legal combined with IR strategies and support to maintain good ER/IR in the plant.
- Represent company on legal matters,
- Provide information related to prevailing laws/regulations to management for making appropriate decisions.
- Maintaining consistent communication with the Union representatives and the opinion makers in the factory along with Head of HR
- Interact and transaction with unions – Supporting pro-active collective bargaining
- Provide required Legal knowledge for wage settlement – Union negotiations related to LTS (Long term Settlement, Bonus, working calendar, working conditions etc.)
- Evaluate and Analyze various legal cases and suggest innovative measures are adopted to close the case and prevent from recurrence.
- Co-ordinate with Advocates and ensure smooth execution of all the court matters by providing required data, documents, evidence, drafts etc.,
- Act as a catalyst in resolving grievances thereby creating congenial work atmosphere and to avoid
- Disciplinary actions including termination, domestic inquiries – Enforcing discipline by adopting appropriate and legally tenable procedures
- Representing Management in various disciplinary proceedings and other related works
- Conduct investigations including gathering, preserving, documenting and analyzing all available information and evidence, and in some circumstances, making recommendations to the business on disciplinary action.
- Conciliation and court cases
- Handling labor court matters, attending deferent courts and helping legal Advisors for preparation of legal / Court documents
- Support handling IR related situations
- Co-ordinate with Advocates and consultants
- Provide legal Advice to officers and supervisors on labor related issues.
- 100% Statutory Compliance – obtaining regulatory approvals, filing periodical returns etc.,
- Implement process which ensure compliance at all legislative and local governing agencies
- Establish and maintain relationship with Local regulators and quasi judicial authorities
- Respond to and resolve difficult and sensitive employee inquires and complaints
- Explain, justify and defend department programmes, policies and activities, negotiate and resolve sensitive and controversial issues.
- Thorough knowledge of Legal and IR activities in the Manufacturing industry
- Legal issues and court cases
- Domestic enquiry and Charge sheet
- Union activities
- Negotiation Skills
- Foreseeing problems
- Communication skills
Qualification: Bachelor or Masters Degree in LAW. MSW or MBA PGDPM/IR. Candidate should know to read and write Kannada Language is a must. Computer Knowledge is a must. Expertise in prevailing and upcoming labor laws and should have practical knowledge of relevant cases.
- Exposure of Min. 7 to 12 years’ experience in Core Legal and IR activities in manufacturing industry.
- Good IR Practices.
- Knowledge of Industrial Discipline.
- Knowledge of Domestic Inquiry.
- Exposure in Welfare, MIHS, Superannuation, VRS Scheme.
- Union activities.
- Should have the knowledge of Negotiation Skills.
- Experience in Investigation, Domestic Enquiry, Dismissal Procedure, handling court matters including conciliation.
To apply for this Job : Click Here