Embassy Group has been at the forefont of India’s real estate development for over three decades. The company has developed over 50 million Sq.ft. of Commercial, Residential, Retail, Hospitality and Industrial Warehouse spaces and holds an extensive land bank of 1,000 acres across the country. The operation spans across Indian and international markets that include Bangalore, Pune, Chennai, Hyderabad, Trivandrum, Coimbatore, Serbia and Malaysia.
Key responsibilities of the Role :
- Shall be responsible for handling all the Litigation matters and shall be responsible for monitoring all such cases regularly for early disposal of the cases.
- Should have effective skills to co-ordinate with outside Advocates/Senior Advocates and Law Firms who are handling our litigations, Arbitrations etc.,
- Shall be responsible to physically attend regularly all the cases filed by or against the company pending before various courts on a day to day basis.
- Should be proficient in drafting of all kinds of Memorandums, Pleadings, Rejoinders, Notices, Citation works etc., and should be competent enough to review all the Plaints, Suits, IA’s, Written Statements, Objections, etc., in order to defend the interests of the Company.
- Should be able to furnish detailed para-wise remarks in respect of all the litigation matters to our Advocates/Law Firm and co-ordinate with them on a day to day basis and also attend to the Courts regularly including attending to the Courts/cases outside Bangalore whenever required.
- Should be well versed on all the litigations and should be able to assist / brief the HOD and suggest the proper course of action to defend the interest of the Company in all such litigations.
- Should be able to effectively assist the HOD in preparation of Legal Notices, Recovery Notices, Public notices, reply to various legal correspondences and for initiation of fresh cases of recovery, specific performance cases etc., to be filed by the company from time to time as and when required.
- Should be well versed in the proceedings of all the Courts and should be able to update the litigation list regularly mentioning the status of the litigations and prepare MIS for reporting it to the Management.
- Should have the ability to effectively liaise and co-ordinate with all departments internally and externally as well.
- Should have the acumen to work effectively with the team and acquire the trait of the team spirit.
Qualification & Experience :
- Law Graduate with over 10-15 years of experience with atleast 10 years in Real Estate Industry having worked extensively in the field of Litigations. Few years of practising experience in the Courts is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Should have very good written and verbal communication skills in English and Kannada language.
- Should have good exposure to the Corporate Legal functions.
- Should be Assertive
- Should have the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Should be motivated and self- directed with ability to task closure and report to superior
- Should be proficient in MS Office- MS Word, MS Excel & Power Point etc.
To apply for this Job : Click Here