Shadowfax is India’s leading technology focussed logistics firm. Shadowfax handles over 500,000 unique orders per day for over 300 clients across 600+ cities and 7000 pin codes.
Shadowfax’s last mile delivery fleet is fully crowdsourced. More than 30,000 delivery personnel come online daily for a few hours and earn about US$1.5 per hour. Our delivery network also includes 4,000+ light commercial vehicles and 5+ lakh square feet of last mile space.
Our clients are present across sectors like e-commerce, food, grocery, FMCG, electronics, consumer durables, pharma, apparel, auto, BFSI and Insurance etc. Our logistic services are split across 4 verticals:
- Hyperlocal– express hyperlocal deliveries
- Connect – inter and intra city, forward and reverse delivery of small and large sized shipment through hub and spoke network
- E2E – integrated 3PL services providing pick up, storage and deliveries
- Next – assisted task management services cross utilizing our rider fleet
Shadowfax was founded by IIT Delhi alumni Abhishek Bansal and Vaibhav Khandelwal in 2015.
Our leadership team combines world-class talent and entrepreneurial experience gathered at some of the leading companies and academic institutes. The company is well-funded by
marquee investors like Eight roads, Flipkart, IFC (financial arm of World Bank), NGP, Mirae Assets and Qualcomm Ventures.
Working at Shadowfax
- Shadowfax believes in an open, intellectually honest culture where everyone is given the autonomy to contribute and do their life’s best work. As a part of the dynamic team at Shadowfax, you will have a chance to learn new things, solve new problems, build your competence and be a part of an innovative design-and-tech startup that’s revolutionizing the logistics industry.
- We foster a culture that values first principle thinking and problem solving, encourages constructive feedback, engagement, inclusion and diversity at all levels. Our core values define our identity and form the basis of our actions and reflect in everything that we do at
- Shadowfax is on a mission to connect the next million micro-entrepreneurs and suppliers in logistics. We have US$60 MN annualized revenue run rate which we expect to increase to US$350 MN by FY23
Job Description for a legal role
I. Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating on a broad range of commercial contracts such as master service agreements, service level agreements/ statement of works, addendums,
amendments, confidentiality agreements, real contracts, procurement contracts etc.
- Problem solving with business on new business initiatives keeping in view the legal and regulatory requirements and business needs.
- Proactively advise on and help to monitor, manage and implement changes owing to any change in laws.
- Coordinate with business and provide legally viable solutions for business problem statements.
- Standardize, develop and maintain template documentations.
- Participate in the development of processes, policies, and procedures designed to reduce legal risks.
- End to end contract management of agreements and litigation management.
- Update and maintain the litigation tracker, liaison with the respective stakeholders.
- Prepare notices to be sent to third parties and draft replies to show cause notices, letters, any communication received from the regulators or any third party.
II. Candidate Profile:
- Post Qualification Work Experience: 4-5 years
- Preferred Industry : Law Firm and In-house corporate legal department (specific experience with logistics services, e-commerce sector)
- Law graduate from a reputed university / institute
- Experience in drafting and reviewing documents for routine commercial transactions to expedite negotiation and conclude deals.
- Good understanding of legal and regulatory landscape and continuous upkeep with changes in law which are relevant to the organisation.
- A team player who relates well with management and counterparties.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of independent reasoning, excellent analytical judgment and a strong business acumen;
- Must have experience supporting multiple matters simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, negotiation and presentation skills with the ability to effectively interact with numerous business units.