ABB, a global technology leader in industrial digitalization is looking for a Legal Specialist with 08 to 10 years of experience.
We are now looking for a Legal Specialist based in Bangalore, India. The role would ideally focus to implement global strategy and advise management and business on legal and integrity issues relating to the relevant area(s) of responsibility to ensure full compliance with Group directives and instructions, as well as local legal regulations.
– Provides legal advice and counsel to ABB management and project teams in relation to a wide range of issues pertaining to the business, which mainly consists of plant electrification and substation projects.
– Evaluates claims and disputes and provides management and project teams legal assessments of claims and disputes, including recommendations on provisions and settlement values.
– Claims and litigation management – Manages disputes, claims and litigation relating to the business, as directed, including progress reporting to internal stakeholders. Preparing submissions and filings working closely with internal and external stakeholders (such as contract managers and external counsel) and appearing in court/arbitral hearings and other legal proceedings as necessary.
– Claims and settlement negotiations – Assists with negotiations pertaining to project execution, claims, and settlements, prepare settlement agreements.
– Legal strategies – Anticipates and identifies legal issues of concern to management and proactively develops effective legal strategies and practical solutions.
– Governance – Ensures good corporate governance in the area of accountability at region and country level, supports the implementation of the.
– Code of Conduct and on-going integrity training and assists in investigation and resolution of any integrity issues that arise.
– Company guidelines and instructions – Contributes to the development of new Group directives/instructions based on local legislation and directives. Assists with the implementation of both local and Group legal and integrity directives and instructions and monitors on-going integrity.
– External service providers – Hires, manages and liaises with external service providers, including external legal counsel.
– Training – Provides legal training and awareness for employees in the business.
Living ABBs core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
To apply for this legal job: Click Here
About the Company:
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees and $34 billion revenue.
In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.