Lactalis is a family-owned dairy group based in Laval (Mayenne), in the west of France. In 1933, André Besnier started up his cheese-making company. On the first day he collected 17 litres of milk and produced 35 camemberts: the Besnier company was in business. Since then, the group, which adopted the more international name of Lactalis in 1999, has continued to expand rapidly. Its range of products has grown considerably (cheeses, milk, cream, butter, ultra-fresh, milk powder, etc.), as has the reputation of its products. Lactalis now owns a series of prestigious French and international brands.
Role / Position
To be part of in-house legal team for supporting the business by way of contract management, litigation management, dues management and wide range of legal support services.
Hyderabad – Regional Office
Regional General Manager and Legal Head, Lactalis India
First Class Law degree from a University recognized by Bar Council of India
Scope of responsibilities
Litigation management –
- To initiate and defend legal proceedings (civil, criminal, consumer, arbitration) on behalf of the Company all over India and other incidental work as per directions of the management.
- Liaison with relevant Government offices and other competent authorities for seeking advice, clarifications and making representations on behalf of the company and if necessary for documentations, follow up and keeping the record of the same.
- Attend the meetings /conferences as and when required to value add into existing case management and timely reporting to the management.
Contract management –
- Drafting of contracts, deeds, bonds, agreements, replies to notices from statutory authorities, etc.
- Ensuring company’s interest is well secured while handling contracts/agreements and maintain a record of the same.
- To closely work with the Business team to support in recovery of market dues and reporting promptly to the Central team.
- To coordinate with external parties to ensure due communication and follow-up of market dues.
Desired profile/ What we are expecting?
- Law degree from a recognized law university in India
- 2 to 4 yrs. Experience in In-house counsel role
- Basic skills to use MS Office, Manupatra and Compliance tool (optional)
- To be open to travel frequently
- Good communication, negotiation, and analytic skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment and prioritize requests from multiple departments
- Languages known – Telugu/English
To apply for this Job : Click Here