At State Street, we partner with institutional investors all over the world to provide comprehensive financial services, including investment management, investment research and trading, and investment servicing. Whether you are an asset manager, asset owner, alternative asset manager, insurance company, pension fund or official institution, you can rely on us to be focused on your challenges. We are committed to doing what it takes to help you perform better — now and in the future.
Senior Associate, Paralegal (India)
A Senior Associate level Paralegal will generally have limited experience as a paralegal but will have several years of experience working in a professional environment. A Paralegal has responsibility for the provision of day-to-day legal administration services to one or several clients as directed by a paralegal manager and/or senior attorneys. A Paralegal must be adept at juggling priorities for multiple clients to meet deadlines based on changing client and department needs. A Paralegal should also have experience with project management and an understanding of how content management systems function. In addition, a Paralegal must demonstrate a capacity to learn how to perform day-to-day legal administration services for mutual fund clients.
The Following Are Specific Responsibilities Of a Paralegal
- Acts as database administrator for ArcProspectus (content management system), which enables the creation, editing and maintenance of prospectuses, summary prospectuses, supplements and statements of additional information for mutual funds/ETFs
- Drafts Board meeting materials (such as memoranda and resolutions) and prepares and distributes Board packages to board members and other interested individuals prior to Board meetings.
- Prepares filings with the SEC (including annual updates to Registration Statements on Form N-1A, supplements, Form N-CSR, Form N-PX, Fidelity Bonds, etc.).
- Maintains and adheres to corporate filings calendars and recurring board agendas.
- Coordinates with clients, outside counsel, financial printers, State Street Financial Administration and other fund service providers with respect to fund issues.
- Works with the close supervision of a paralegal manager or a senior attorney in the delivery of legal administration services to clients.
- Prepares and maintains files.
- Performs additional administrative duties such as scanning documents and preparing mailings, as required.
The Following Are Specific Attributes Of a Paralegal
- Has strong English language skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Has strong written and oral communication skills.
- Works collegially with and is respectful of other department members and internal State Street partners.
- Possesses strong time management and organizational skills.
- Possesses a keen attention to detail.
- Can handle multiple tasks and multiple priorities for a limited number of clients.
- Establishes close working relationships with and provides high-quality service to clients.
- Exercises good judgment regarding when to ask questions and raise issues with more senior staff.
- Demonstrates independent follow through on issues and tasks.
- Capable of producing high-quality routine work with close supervision.
- Effectively communicates the status of projects to appropriate persons in a timely manner.
- Communicates effectively with teams in remote locations.
To apply for this Job : Click Here